The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

heres my small collection of watches. i love the old style vintage looks of the watches from the 40's 50's and 60's. Watches i would like to get would be a vintage omega prbly something from the late 50's or early 60's. i would really like to get a reverso of some sort one of the days, but no it wont happen anytime soon.
Some Lord Elgin and and nice Longines tank. Very well done.

I don’t think I Could drop $ 10.000 on a Watch. I think any Watch over
$ 300.00 is stretching it for me.
The Material that they make watches out of don’t cost that much and I can’t see Paying that much Just for there Name on my Wrist. YMMV.

It is a nice looking Watch.

"Why is it I always get my best ideas while shaving?" ~ Albert Einstein

I don’t think I Could drop $ 10.000 on a Watch. I think any Watch over
$ 300.00 is stretching it for me.
The Material that they make watches out of don’t cost that much and I can’t see Paying that much Just for there Name on my Wrist. YMMV.

It is a nice looking Watch.

I feel the same way for the most part. It took a lot for me just to push “buy” on my Citizen and Garmin. 😂

But on the other hand, there’s some really nice pieces, with exquisite movements/complications that are like pieces of art. If I had the money I’d bite…but, maybe, thankfully I don’t 😂

i feel the same way, i know they are only time pieces, but some of them look extremely nice and they do look like works of art. which is why i would bite if i had teh money for them as well. one can dream tho hahah!

Love mine, although I have the basic model.

That reminds me...I loaned it to William Shatner a few days ago, and he hasn't returned it. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 65597View attachment 65598
Great Stuff I have that one and the Gemini Speedy, and your post got me to digging through the Apollo Collection ( ah yes another rabbit hole). space artist Kim Poor and his gallery run a "Spacefest" every year and all the ( remaining ) Mercury, Gemini, Apollo Astronauts are there. At his gallery they have private events for their long time customers and sadly Kim has MS so can no longer paint, This was quite awhile ago before these gents passed away

Cernan Bean, Chalkin, Gordon.jpg

From Left to Right: with much younger versions of me and @AvocadoQueen
Andrew Chaiken ( wrote From the Earth to the moon. Was later made into the mini-series of the same name
Richard Gordon : Gemini 12, and Command Module Pilot for Apollo 12. Sharon loves it because he wanted to take her home with him He lived in Tucson.... So of course I use that by saying I am the only guy that had an Apollo Astronaut flirt with my wife LOL.... Damn Navy guys!
Alan Bean: Apollo 12 Lunar Module pilot and Skylab-3, Real Funny Guy. and a great artist as well.
Gene Cernan: Gemini 12, Apollo 7 and Commander of Apollo 14 and the last man to walk on the moon. A gracious gentlemen. If you look at his wrist he is wearing an Omega X-33, as he was on the research team for a manned Mars mission. We feel honored to have met and spent time with them. All of them very down to earth, and being astronauts they were short in stature, so I felt good, HAHA

Good memories re-lived. Thanks for posting

Great Stuff I have that one and the Gemini Speedy, and your post got me to digging through the Apollo Collection ( ah yes another rabbit hole). space artist Kim Poor and his gallery run a "Spacefest" every year and all the ( remaining ) Mercury, Gemini, Apollo Astronauts are there. At his gallery they have private events for their long time customers and sadly Kim has MS so can no longer paint, This was quite awhile ago before these gents passed away

View attachment 65602

From Left to Right: with much younger versions of me and @AvocadoQueen
Andrew Chaiken ( wrote From the Earth to the moon. Was later made into the mini-series of the same name
Richard Gordon : Gemini 12, and Command Module Pilot for Apollo 12. Sharon loves it because he wanted to take her home with him He lived in Tucson.... So of course I use that by saying I am the only guy that had an Apollo Astronaut flirt with my wife LOL.... Damn Navy guys!
Alan Bean: Apollo 12 Lunar Module pilot and Skylab-3, Real Funny Guy. and a great artist as well.
Gene Cernan: Gemini 12, Apollo 7 and Commander of Apollo 14 and the last man to walk on the moon. A gracious gentlemen. If you look at his wrist he is wearing an Omega X-33, as he was on the research team for a manned Mars mission. We feel honored to have met and spent time with them. All of them very down to earth, and being astronauts they were short in stature, so I felt good, HAHA

Good memories re-lived. Thanks for posting
That's cool. I have always liked the space guys.. With my grandparents living down towards Orlando while I was growing up I spent a lot of time at the Cape.. I always loved getting to hang out at NASA as a child it was really neat ..

Should Have this one Wednesday.
Tickwatch Pro 3 GPS. Smartwatch.
Will be my First. I’m not very good with Technology. [emoji15][emoji23]
aa7b57179d4b12fcf85a1dfebb3aa897.jpg

Back