The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Whew, was on the verge of buying a watch today, but Dave talked me out of it. Thanks, Dave! That was a close one.

I've started getting emails with some top forum posts from a watch forum. One was interesting so I went to read it. It was basically this guy who likes to tell people he sees wearing a Rolex "nice watch" and asking if it's an okay thing to do. I was a bit surprised that most of the posts said it would make the wearer uncomfortable and they would worry the guy wanted to rip them off. I guess I get that, but heck, you're choosing to wear $$ on your wrist but then want to be shocked if anyone notices??? Thought? Here is my response:

Interesting convo. I guess the question is, is a watch more like a tie or cleavage? Both can be out on display. But it’s totally fine to say “nice tie” to someone, but cleavage it would be socially unacceptable. Though the person with said cleavage out on display knows that it’s being noticed but everyone is supposed to pretend that it’s not.

You’re wearing thousands of dollars out on public display, but nobody is supposed to notice? I think it’s somewhere in between. It’s not taboo like boobs, but given the environment, we’re in, people should be mindful of the concern it can cause when it’s the first thing mentioned. But on the flip side, if you’re walking around with cleavage on your arm, you can’t be upset that people notice.

I've started getting emails with some top forum posts from a watch forum. One was interesting so I went to read it. It was basically this guy who likes to tell people he sees wearing a Rolex "nice watch" and asking if it's an okay thing to do. I was a bit surprised that most of the posts said it would make the wearer uncomfortable and they would worry the guy wanted to rip them off. I guess I get that, but heck, you're choosing to wear $$ on your wrist but then want to be shocked if anyone notices??? Thought? Here is my response:

Interesting convo. I guess the question is, is a watch more like a tie or cleavage? Both can be out on display. But it’s totally fine to say “nice tie” to someone, but cleavage it would be socially unacceptable. Though the person with said cleavage out on display knows that it’s being noticed but everyone is supposed to pretend that it’s not.

You’re wearing thousands of dollars out on public display, but nobody is supposed to notice? I think it’s somewhere in between. It’s not taboo like boobs, but given the environment, we’re in, people should be mindful of the concern it can cause when it’s the first thing mentioned. But on the flip side, if you’re walking around with cleavage on your arm, you can’t be upset that people notice.
Thanks to this post, I'll now spend the rest of the day looking to see if anyone has boobs on their arm.....and also...looking at boobs.

Most watch forums make a certain shaving forum similar to the Berenstein Bears. Look like disneyland LOL

My Next one as soon as I Save a few more Bucks. $.$$
a7cba132391bd730586b5ad82dfb3379.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funds came in. It's on it Way to Me.
015c4d6d54b9dd1d028846e9e89206ca.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally after a 5+ year search was able to source an original crystal for this 1950 Titus Geneve manual wind Chronograph. That has been in the watch vault. Here is a little bit about it

Brand: Titus Geneve 38mm
Case: solid 14k Rose Gold
Movement : Swiss Landeron 48 manual wind Two-Eyed Chronograph non magnetic
Band : Hirsch Cognac Croc with 14k Rose Gold deployant
Original condition non restored and back to its glory

BEDFB01F-DB47-4D79-AC59-74095E8C6B57.jpeg
It is a happy day…. Finally

Finally after a 5+ year search was able to source an original crystal for this 1950 Titus Geneve manual wind Chronograph. That has been in the watch vault. Here is a little bit about it

Brand: Titus Geneve 38mm
Case: solid 14k Rose Gold
Movement : Swiss Landeron 48 manual wind Two-Eyed Chronograph non magnetic
Band : Hirsch Cognac Croc with 14k Rose Gold deployant
Original condition non restored and back to its glory

View attachment 92157
It is a happy day…. Finally
Sweet

Back