The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

479f235742e29f6aacc0b0a28053f70e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You probably won’t believe this, but I actually paused a moment and looked at this watch, or one very like it on Wish. (The source of the most legitimate products on the inner tubes.

I like micro brands that give you good quality and a little something different for the money. I do not like the current trend of limited release that sell out almost immediately and then prices increase on the open market. Given, I don't know how most microbrand companies work. Maybe they only have the capital to support a limited run and then it takes time to reinvest the capital to order another run or parts and then there's a lead time for that? Maybe it's the explosion of microbrands and they are having to wait in line for custom parts? I just wish they would figure out their junk and provide a consistent supply.

When I first heard of Traska, I liked their style and figured slowly I would pick up 2 or 3 in different colours and styles. But they were all sold out. After a few months of them being sold out, I was lucky to find this one used near retail price. Since then I've seen some pop up from time to time going for $300-400+ over retail. And never have they been available from the company. Do I have a point to this first-world problem? No, just kvetching.
277F5529-DC84-4261-9776-C356363223A0.jpeg

Well, nuts! Ill just be patient and wait for prices to come in line. In the meanwhile, I’m thoroughly enjoying my ‘legit’ Uranus. 😂

Well, nuts! Ill just be patient and wait for prices to come in line. In the meanwhile, I’m thoroughly enjoying my ‘legit’ Uranus. 😂
If you're serious about getting a non-"legit" (though I have no idea why you would want that) let me know which you would want and I can look next time I'm in the city. Although, I need a written permission slip from Mrs. Major so I don't get whooped in Texas.

I think I actually derive more joy from what I got at a fraction of the price. Its legit ness is part of the fun. I will be sporting it in Texas.

Back