The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

So, I didn't get a watch on the trip. Sorry, Dave. I had my eye on this one quite a bit. It looked gorgeous and the price, I'm now finding out, was way below MSRP. I never did find out how low he would actually go when he said he would work on a better price. But I went back to look at it 4 times. Maybe during spring break... I also found a shop in Nassau that had a lot of brands in it. Was able to look at Tudor and confirm I'd still like to buy the one I've been looking at. But everyone was together so it wasn't the time to linger. But now I don't feel guilty at all for pre-ordering a Direnzo on Saturday.

1655829502681.png

So, I didn't get a watch on the trip. Sorry, Dave. I had my eye on this one quite a bit. It looked gorgeous and the price, I'm now finding out, was way below MSRP. I never did find out how low he would actually go when he said he would work on a better price. But I went back to look at it 4 times. Maybe during spring break... I also found a shop in Nassau that had a lot of brands in it. Was able to look at Tudor and confirm I'd still like to buy the one I've been looking at. But everyone was together so it wasn't the time to linger. But now I don't feel guilty at all for pre-ordering a Direnzo on Saturday.

View attachment 86476
That one in the same row with the brown band looks really nice. Probably way out of my price range.

View attachment 86476
Dave, what's the maker/reference no. of the watch in the photo, and which Tudor are you considering?

I've been looking at JDM Seikos and having fun learning more about the brand and its offerings. I may have room for another Seiko in the rotation...not sure yet. I'm not rushing it and just waiting for the right one to sing to me.

I passed my MKII Nassau (MKII is my favorite microbrand) and Seiko SARB033 to some friends recently. I'm amazed at how prices have jumped on these two models. I'd really like to get in on another MKII pre-order, but I don't see much coming available soon.

Dave, what's the maker/reference no. of the watch in the photo, and which Tudor are you considering?
The Breitling I'm not sure. I didn't write down the specifics. The closest to it on the website is Premier B01 Chronograph, but they don't have the same dial colour on the Breilting site.

The Tudor I like is the 1926 with white dial and blue markers. I'll get it used of course.

The Breitling I'm not sure. I didn't write down the specifics. The closest to it on the website is Premier B01 Chronograph, but they don't have the same dial colour on the Breilting site.

The Tudor I like is the 1926 with white dial and blue markers. I'll get it used of course.
Wow, two very nice timepieces. Can't wait to see wrist shots!

Back