The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Smoked some more Carter Hall today. This time out of the MM Country gentleman cob pipe.

Never had much interest in buying\trying any OTC blends. It came with some other samples to try.

Think I'll be looking to purchase some of this to keep on hand.

I feel like I need to try these. La Barba Red (Dominican Corojo).

cwg-pm-1002.jpg

@ksblazer what are your thoughts on Sutliff 515 RC?

It was my first time trying it. It has a nice sweet and sour dark fruit with some toastyness going on.

So I really liked it.

I've tasted similar sweet and sour in English Oriental. But this 515 RC has it as the main flavor profile just about all the way throughout the entire bowl.

Strength wise I'd say it's on the lighter side of medium. So I would have no problem smoking it a few times throughout the day.

Ok thanks, after I read your first post I looked it up and thought it looked like something I would like to try. thanks for your review, I'm putting on the list to try.

Just finished off a bowl of Prince Albert mixed in with some Sutliff 507 SV in the MM Country Gentleman.

It was a nice combo

Ok thanks, after I read your first post I looked it up and thought it looked like something I would like to try. thanks for your review, I'm putting on the list to try.
I think you may like it

I'm definitely looking into trying more red Virgina's now.

Back