The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Latest acquisition and clean up. A "Companion" labeled Kirsten "K" mark Companion with a sandblasted rustic mandarin large bowl. A pinch of Gaslight said this will be a good pipe.

20201218_180755.jpg

It’s actually sunny and calm today. Any tips on how smoking this is different than a standard pipe?

668B1808-EE81-42F3-9DFC-0CF8B0955AA9.jpeg

So how do you like it?
I need to dial this baby in. The first 1/3 bowl was constant relights. I think I packed it too tight thinking the bowl is so small it will only last a few min. I dumped the ashes, added some more shreds (probably should have just expanded what was in there) and gave it another go. Had to fight it for a while again but then it hit its stride and smoked like a champ. Then the landlord needed info about the furnace which had stopped working sometime in the night and I had to rush the rest of it. I was surprised how long it did last anyway so hopefully I’ll pack it looser next time.

It will probably take you a few bowls to get it good and dialed in. At least it did for me with my first radiator pipe. Once you figure it out they are really cool.

Back