The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

uacowboy

Really look forward to seeing how you make a pipe from those pieces of briar. Hope you post some pic's along the way.

I think a brandy pipe would be cool. Will probably add one to my collection soon.

uacowboy

Really look forward to seeing how you make a pipe from those pieces of briar. Hope you post some pic's along the way.

I think a brandy pipe would be cool. Will probably add one to my collection soon.
I will for sure be adding some progress pics. it'll probably be a bit of a drawn out project as i get some time here and there, but i will keep y'all updated on the progress.

@uacowboy those blocks instantly made me think of a freehand style in the vain of Eric Nording.

First thing I thought too.

@uacowboy Very interested to see the process and progress, keep us updated.
Lol not sure I'm ready to try something like that. Those are some truly beautiful works of art and I'm still learning the "rules" for making a decent pipe. Definitely going to do some sketches first I think. At least try to get an idea of what I'm going for. We'll see.

I like Stokkebye Proper English. I know you have mentioned that the Iwan Reis is one of your favorites. I've looked on their site and plan to place an order with them soon.

Want to start cellering some tobaccos to see how they do with age.

I like Stokkebye Proper English. I know you have mentioned that the Iwan Reis is one of your favorites.
I wouldn't be completely surprised if it is the same blend, then again Iwan Ries, I believe does their own house blending. It has been one of my two staple bulk blends, the other being Iwan Ries Balkan Supreme.

So I've had this Balkan Flake sitting about, but it is a bit strong all alone. Decided to mix it into what was left of this tin of Tsuge Raijin, a heavy Burley/Kentucky blend. It worked out quite well. Enjoyed it in my Kirsten lancer.

20201028_180649.jpg

Enjoyed this last night. Wicked: The Haunting. Quite an excellent combination of corillio cigar leaf and Virginias. They did a perfect job combining these very divergent elements into a sweet and smokey combo.

20201031_084351.jpg

Back