The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Family Pets Thread

I thought I would share what turned out to be a rathe POSITIVE interaction with Victor Pet Food, the maker of the food I feed two of my 3 and half dogs (I have an old chihuhua that barely counts as a dog).
I learned yesterday they has issued a recall due to suspected Salmonella contamination for a specific lot of a formulation I do NOT feed my dogs, so normally I would think nothing of it. However, as it turned out we had recently bought a new bag of food and a week afer starting that bag our dog became lethargic and had several other symptoms that we were struggling to identify the origin of. We had considered she might of eaten something she shouldn't have but never considered Salmonella or her own food until I read the recall notice. So I emailed the customer line the basic details as I described above and made clear my only intentions were to make them aware of the situation in case others began reporting the same. I also offered to send them a sample of the food and whatever they wanted from the dog to test should they feel the need. All I asked of them was to let me know if the forumulation(s) I feed end up being suspected of anything.

What I got was a phone call later in the day from one of their customer service reps. I was unable to answer the phone so they left a message assurign me the forumula I was feeding was not under recall and they did not suspect any potential issues AND a request to call her/them back at my earliest conviennce. I returned their call today and after a short hold was talking to a nice gentlman (with a classic Texas accent) who was happy to hear that my dog was feeling much better by the time I got home last night.

My dog IS feeling better. My wife suspects she may have eaten a small peice of an artificial antler chew toy (she thoguht she threw the small peice out but now she can't remember for sure if she did) and they may have upset her belly. Earlier this year this dog snatch the plastic wraper that goeas around a chub of liverwurst from the trash as fast as I tossed it in (do a google search, apparently a LOT of dogs do this). We spent weeks following her around looking for evidence it had passed only to have her throw it up in our bed while camping a month later. So who knows what the dog ate or when she did it...or for that matter when we will see evidence of whatever it is/was.

All I know is Victor Pet Foods was quick to reach out and make a personal attempt to connect. We have fed Victor for a few years now and have always been impressed by their business model (when I first started feeding their foods they were serving breeders, trainers and 'working dogs'). They offer a forumulation for most needs but I can't feed Victor foods to my Bull Dog because is is allergic to tomatoe and so many of their formulas contain tomatoe pomace and/or potatoe. If you have been looking for a new food for your dog maybe they have what you are looking for.

If good luck includes tipping your morning cup of coffee onto you computer…by all means!

giphy.gif

So we got a little 4 legged back in July.
Her name is Graycie. She was a rescue from a puppy mill.
Sad state when we 1st got her.
She after a week warmed up to my wife. Then after about a month finally warmed up to me.
Still shows signs of the past. But she is such a joy beyond my wildest dreams.
Thanks for having this part of the forum.
20231225_123642.jpgimage000000.jpg

Back