The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Family Pets Thread

Farewell old friend. Not exactly a pet, but…

RED

View attachment 102231
View attachment 102230
View attachment 102236

In my time as an active horseman, I owned 4 of these amazing animals.
When I decided to exit the hobby, I searched for suitable homes that would see to the finest available love and care for life.
Red was my favorite and the last to go.
He was without exception the best trail horse I had ever ridden.
I don’t know how old he was or much about his his breeding or origins.
He had a unique brand on his left hind that I could not get any info on.
It was said that he was foaled in Kentucky and kept intact for stud possibity.
When I first encountered him he was far too easily excited and prone to react quickly.
I rode him many times before he was sold to me and his abilities were incredible.
His gait was smooth and automatically changed leads at speed. He loved to run but learned to settle calmly after the fun.
He helped train many many horses in trail riding by companion riding.
There were few things that scared him, and would readily do many difficult things I would ask of him.
He taught my children to ride and always was always safe for any rider regardless of how inexperienced they were.
I could have sold him for many thousands of dollars but chose to give him away to a dear woman and her daughter who my wife met at work.
Just this past Christmas my wife was given a keychain with a lock from his mane. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was him. (I untangled it enough times)
I do not have the details but my wife’s co-worker sent word that he had passed on to Paint Horse Heaven from suspected heart failure.

May your pastures be green and lush my friend. Thank you for the great times and taking care of me when I was too stupid to know better.
You will never be forgotten.
Nice tribute. Sounds like you gave the best possible life. Condolences

RED

View attachment 102231
View attachment 102230
View attachment 102236

When I decided to exit the hobby, I searched for suitable homes that would see to the finest available love and care for life.
When I first encountered him he was far too easily excited and prone to react quickly.
I rode him many times before he was sold to me and his abilities were incredible.
His gait was smooth and automatically changed leads at speed. He loved to run but learned to settle calmly after the fun.
There were few things that scared him, and would readily do many difficult things I would ask of him.
He taught my children to ride and always was always safe for any rider regardless of how inexperienced they were.
I could have sold him for many thousands of dollars but chose to give him away to a dear woman and her daughter who my wife met at work.
Just this past Christmas my wife was given a keychain with a lock from his mane. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was him. (I untangled it enough times)
I do not have the details but my wife’s co-worker sent word that he had passed on to Paint Horse Heaven from suspected heart failure.

May your pastures be green and lush my friend. Thank you for the great times and taking care of me when I was too stupid to know better.
Condolences....

RED

View attachment 102231
View attachment 102230
View attachment 102236

Beautiful Horse. You have my Condolences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Condolences Bill. they are trusted friend and horses are a misunderstood and extremely important animal sorry for your loss

Getting ready to watch the Bangles game with me. His name is Munchkin.
b14af6152ad39ab4e26bfc5304baad3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you finally die, the police are going to have a hard time trying to figure out if it was the cats, Sharon, or if you accidentally kicked the step stool over after climbing on the counter.
Chad
You just had a beautiful baby, why are you in such a hurry to meet God? To fulfill your wife’s prophecy?

Our family pup Bailey had to go in for surgery today. She had a cracked tooth that had to be taken care of. Now she's home all groggy. Our daughter was pretty upset when I left to take her to the appt this morning20230404_160118.jpg

With how nice it was yesterday, 82F I took our tortoise outside for the day and night. Unfortunately, this morning we had some unexpected flash flooding and with Tortuga's outdoor enclosure being on a gradual slope, all the rain ran to the downhill section into the bedding box..... This put about 6-7 inches of water in her box in a matter of minutes, when I went to check on her she was completely submerged with just her little head sticking out of the water.... VERY GLAD and THANKFUL that she made it. She is now inside getting papered and fed. First order of business is to flip her enclosure by 180 degrees to place her bedding box up hill, so we don't have a chance of a drowning event again.

1680711927878.png

Glad you caught it in time!
Me too, we've had her for a year and a half and she is my constant work companion. She hangs out behind me eating and farting all day long, but occasionally I let her out of her enclosure to hang out under my desk, where she will sit on my slippers. I'd have been pretty upset if we lost her. She is "my son's pet," but we all know how that goes and she is really my tortoise. lol

Back