The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Family Pets Thread

How'd the first night go?
Better than expected. Used the crate till we get to know here cues. Took her outside 3 times for business so she gets it down. Last time she was following a scent and I heard other dogs in the distance. Thought they'd been thru the yard. Then she froze staring ahead and when my eyes focused I saw 2 deer take off so that's what she heard/smelled. She's a REALLY sweat girl and going to be a perfect fit. Wife slept on the couch last night to elevate her head to sleep better with this cold that's kicking her butt. Dog is out cold laying on her feet/legs now as I type. Once we know she'll alert us to go out she'll sleep on the love seat at the foot of our bed (y)

Better than expected. Used the crate till we get to know here cues. Took her outside 3 times for business so she gets it down. Last time she was following a scent and I heard other dogs in the distance. Thought they'd been thru the yard. Then she froze staring ahead and when my eyes focused I saw 2 deer take off so that's what she heard/smelled. She's a REALLY sweat girl and going to be a perfect fit. Wife slept on the couch last night to elevate her head to sleep better with this cold that's kicking her butt. Dog is out cold laying on her feet/legs now as I type. Once we know she'll alert us to go out she'll sleep on the love seat at the foot of our bed (y)
I1C.gif

Congrats Dave! She's a beautiful girl! I am glad you are able to take her out of whatever nasty situation she was in. I love my wiener dogs...but after having Ally (my rescue dog), I honestly will always have a pound puppy or rescue dog. There are just so many of them out there and most of them are capable of giving so much love.

I recently found out more information about our rescue girl. My wife has a co-worker who's son works in the rescue organization that saved Ally. Evidently she was chained to the bottom of a trailer that was in a particularly bad part of our parish. I guess she was left in the weather all the time...and her owners did some bad things to her. The area that she used to live in was under about 10 feet of water during our flood in 2016 so I have no doubt that if it wasn't for the organization and for us...that Ally wouldn't be here right now.

Sorry...not trying to make this about me...but I celebrate your new addition...and know that you did a wonderful thing!

Our dogs know when I walk outside with raw meat, we are all eating good.
Amazed me how with a little direction she laid down looking away and waited patiently while we ate. Then I motioned to come and she came excitedly but I told her to sit and she sat and just patiently looked at me until I hand fed her a piece at a time as she gently took it from me. She is a GEM for sure and will be spoiled but trained too. We were fortunate to have her come into our life.

Amazed me how with a little direction she laid down looking away and waited patiently while we ate. Then I motioned to come and she came excitedly but I told her to sit and she sat and just patiently looked at me until I hand fed her a piece at a time as she gently took it from me. She is a GEM for sure and will be spoiled but trained too. We were fortunate to have her come into our life.
That is a beautiful story! I can think of no better way to describe it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'll try to post some shots of the boy and girl cats that God brought into my life to rescue me.

I raised them both with a bottle, they'd fit in the palm of my hand.

They entered my life about 18 months apart, right on time. I tell them everyday, probably 20 times a day, that I hate cats. They don't believe me, the brats!

I raised them both with a bottle, they'd fit in the palm of my hand.

I tell them everyday, probably 20 times a day, that I hate cats.
Samesies! I only have 1, but I took him in at 3 days old. I'm mildly allergic, and have always hated cats. But he was abandoned, and I couldn't let him die.

Monkey in Sep 2017
monkey4.jpgmonkey5.jpg

And my most recent pic of him, Dec 2019.
monkey6.jpg

@DeepSea that’s a heck of a recovery!
The surgeon we went to in Alabama was fantastic. The vets prior to that in the Florida panhandle... not so much, they didn’t seem to think anything of him blowing up like a balloon. I was really sad to see home beg to play fetch and have to tell home no for a couples months.

Back