The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Following the retirement theme, I took at look at my investment library and the last book I have is from 2009. Hmmm :unsure:

Just ordered two from the library (they have curbside pickup, no in-person browsing) and will see if either of them are good enough to purchase as a planner/reference/refresher resource.

1596309409900.png and 1596309344949.png

After doing a bunch of work on with the tomato plants and clearing off the weeds from the developer's side of the chain link fence (~180ft give or take, the joys of a pie lot), I plopped down in the shade of our plum tree (almost no fruit this year from any of our trees :( ) and re-read one of my investment books. Now we need to change our TFSA (somewhat akin to the USA Roth IRA) beneficiary to be each other's "successor annuitant" rather than beneficiary for taxation purposes.

See, I learned something today! Woot!

After doing a bunch of work on with the tomato plants and clearing off the weeds from the developer's side of the chain link fence (~180ft give or take, the joys of a pie lot), I plopped down in the shade of our plum tree (almost no fruit this year from any of our trees :( ) and re-read one of my investment books. Now we need to change our TFSA (somewhat akin to the USA Roth IRA) beneficiary to be each other's "successor annuitant" rather than beneficiary for taxation purposes.

See, I learned something today! Woot!
My IRA is tied up in soap, brushes and razors. I probably should have diversified more.......😂😜

Thanks!

Only three steps left to go in my plan for World Domination, Pinky:
1) 🤓 SIM title (Senior International Master), then
2) 🧐 GM (Grandmaster), and finally....
3) 🕺 World Champion!

#1 SIM is doable, and I will be super happy to get it in the next 10 years
#2 GM is .... ummm... attainable (I hope)
#3 World Champ is worthy of the ....
1596332571778.png 🤪 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🤪

Back