The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Nicely done with the 3017. Is there any particular reason why you're going with the Godrej? Just asking because reasons and science.🕴

There is a method to my madness, @bentheduck (or at least, I think there is, and really, that's all that counts). Now that I am past my "Use up my yucky stuff" soaps, I am moving into the "3017 the one-offs" with the exception of the P.160Tipo Duro as that is almost a full block. With 7-9 soaps falling into this category , that probably pushes me out into at least late 2022 insofar as 3017 planning goes. I have multiple of some soaps (eg. Arko) that do not fall into the one-off bucket.

The glove compartment on my Rav-4 wouldn't open and when I took the car in for regular service, the dealer wanted the going rate of ~$400 to install a new glove box. I declined their offer, went home and popped the handle off of the glove box so I could finger-press the open switch. The tiny plastic tab with a very thing "support fin" was bent, so I loaded it up with JB Weld epoxy and let it cure overnight.

Popped it back into the glove box without issue and we're back in service. Gotta love the "designed to fail" aspects of modern manufacturing; it's everywhere and in everything. :mad:
3AAFD999-1CE1-4345-BCA1-C08E3150E0AA.jpeg

Bummer!

Love my Toyota Tacoma. The biggest issue I have with it are the side mirrors. The driver’s side particularly is very wiggly. Oh and the sun visors are shot (adjustable arm broke). Just don’t wanna cough up the cash to get new ones. Other than that it’s had no major failures in the 15 years I’ve owned it!

The glove compartment on my Rav-4 wouldn't open and when I took the car in for regular service, the dealer wanted the going rate of ~$400 to install a new glove box. I declined their offer, went home and popped the handle off of the glove box so I could finger-press the open switch. The tiny plastic tab with a very thing "support fin" was bent, so I loaded it up with JB Weld epoxy and let it cure overnight.

Popped it back into the glove box without issue and we're back in service. Gotta love the "designed to fail" aspects of modern manufacturing; it's everywhere and in everything. :mad:
View attachment 30915
Nothing a little JB Weld can't fix!

Bummer!

Love my Toyota Tacoma. The biggest issue I have with it are the side mirrors. The driver’s side particularly is very wiggly. Oh and the sun visors are shot (adjustable arm broke). Just don’t wanna cough up the cash to get new ones. Other than that it’s had no major failures in the 15 years I’ve owned it!
Get some used replacements at a salvage yard? Should be a fraction of the cost. And it'll be an adventure going through wrecked cars and trucks! I enjoy every trip.

For the first time in a long while, I thing that I have experienced a bad blade. As per my norm, on Sunday I swapped out my Injector's Personna blade after a fortnight of use. This was the last blade in the pack and it was sitting a little crooked and would not inject properly, so I lined it up using some tweezers in the holes and was able to inject it without issue. Alas, Monday's shave was rough and tuggy; Tuesday's shave was also rough and tuggy and resulted in a small chunk'o'skin being removed on the jawline; Wednesday's was more of the same and continued excavation of Tuesday's hole.

I finally smartened up 🤪 enough to swap the blade for today's shave. Yep, 'twas a bad blade. :poop:

Non-shaving-wise, My wife's workplace (City of Toronto) is facing a huge cash crunch as a result of Covid-induced reduced revenue and increased costs. As a result, they are offering a small incentive to union employees to apply for early retirement. We're crunching the numbers and hope that she decides to apply. Then we sit and wait to see if the City decides to offer her the package. I'm ready to go now! 🤪

Early retirement huh? That would be tempting. Not at too much of a loss from waiting her full time I hope?

She's almost at her "magic number" already, so hopefully they approve IF I can get her to apply. Based on the math, she's currently working for the equivalent of $4/hr CDN compared to retiring and taking the pension.

Who said anything about you???
tenor.gif

I was just trying to figure out how your wife retiring means you can quit working. Please be more detailed in your communication ;)

Back