The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Thanks to a fellow Cadre member and the Yard Sale, I now have zero straights (or anything straight razor related) at home. In fact, my entire razor collection is now simply:
- Schick Hydro-magic I2 Injector (daily driver)
- Sensor
- Mach-3 (unused)
The straights got the boot but the Mach 3 stayed?! Highly suspect... :unsure:

In other news, my Chubby 2 synth came in today from @cmh737 's BST listing. By far the biggest handle I have used! One quick shave in with it (pics will come in a day or so after I get through some pressing school work) and initial impressions say that the knot is great. It might take me a week or more to fully adjust to such a comparative monster.

Send it to Chad @Cvargo he loves those 😂

A guy shaves with a lady razor and nothing.

I use a Mach 3 once on a business trip that I didn't check baggage I never hear the end of it

And one of you send me a dollar shave razor and I never hear the end of it.

I guess that is true friendship... You all are great. Lol

Love all the ribbing on going around here... So I guess no choice now but to shave with my wife's razor... It is a Schick injector will get my cool points back?

Last edited:

I use a Mach 3 once on a business trip that I didn't check baggage I never hear the end of it

Love all the ribbing on going around here... So I guess no choice now but to shave with my wife's razor... It is a Schick injector will get my cool points back?

Can’t guarantee it, but certainly couldn’t hurt.

I know it’s heresy, but I liked the Mach3. I have always gotten great shaves from carts, though the Fusion was too much. I have a custom Mach3 handle from Vintage Blades, as well as a stock Sensor handle. I only have about 4 Sensor carts in a box, and occasionally take it with me on the odd road trip when we spend more time running around, and there is no time for a relaxed shave.

Well, I have not yet used the Mach-3 (had it for a few years now), so no idea what kind of shave it gives.
He denies it but @Cvargo really enjoyed his stint with those.

You inspired the majority of us to revisit our multi-blade razors and many of us decided that maybe your outstanding results were because you sir are the true shave Jedi!

Hey, @cmh737 , the Chubby seems to work! ..... Even on the (literally!) stinky Pitralon soap!

PS. The lather had nice luxurious yogurty peaks, but it sat for around 2 mins while I tried to find my camera. LOL

Back