The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

@dangerousdon , true excitement this morning as my shave was interrupted by one of the ladies needing to boot me out of the bathroom for a few minutes. Other than that, it was a normal meh-ilcious morning shave followed by oatmeal and coffee.

If all goes according to plan, we should be visiting Peggy’s Cove this morning and then a quick jaunt into Halifax to stroll on the pier and treat the ladies to Cows ice cream.

Have a great day.
Maybe not exciting, but man that sounds like a nice day. I’m envious.

Today’s adventure saw us at a blueberry farm/winery that we really like. We ended up buying a dozen bottles of fruity goodness.
EC1975A3-BB5B-413E-AF18-09A5998C481A.jpeg
(Photobombed by another tourist!)

World’s Best Blueberry Wine Saleslady!!!
She’s only six and was quite helpful and fun to deal with😍
3FD2C61B-5DD8-4621-957D-8C1F124D6737.jpeg

BC16CCE5-0485-4E4A-86AD-3F04AB4977BB.jpeg

F012B438-D22F-4342-98E4-525A5148E1F9.jpeg
(Sideways pics are another reason I don’t like posting from a phone)

Early morning (pre-7am) 2xMeh-worthy shave today as I am being taken out for a day on the water by my niece’s husband and his folks and friends. It has been almost 40 years since I’ve done this and, based on what I have been told, it doesn’t sound like a 14 footer with an old inboard acadian flywheel engine like we used to have back home.

One sister-in-law says “come back with fish,” while after hearing about Great Whites in the bay (normal for here in the summer), my wife says “just come back.” 🤣

Back