The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Nov.26: Injector I2 w/Personna(12) ... Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Back to the 1460 boar this morning, but this time, I went with the Marco method. Lather for pass-2 was much better than before, but then again, that's not really saying all that much now, is it? More work still to be done. The blade is pretty much at its EOL, but I'm not @Graybeard57 and will therefore continue to use it through to Sunday. 😜

In other news, an unexpected $2,000+ deposit was Interac eTransferred into my bank account from somone I do not know, followed by a few emails from a lady in BC that it was an oopsie and could I send it back. I will talk to my bank and expect them to recommend against me eTransferring it back due to fraud/scam possibilities but I will ask them to try to reverse the transaction, if they can. After all, they have all of the sender's banking information. This helps protect me from a scam and hopefully gets the sender back their money.

Today's workout was:
- 30 mins elliptical

Well, that wasn't overly painful. Only about 30-40 mins on the phone with the bank and was transferred pretty quickly to the Fraud department. The lady was very helpful and put in a request to INTERAC to review and reverse the transaction. Should take about 15 business day or so and I hope they get their money back without issue. As expected, the bank recommended against me doing anything in terms of funds transfers.

exciting start to the weekend!
You want excitement? Here's the REAL fun stuff going on ....

1. Going to the bank at 7 pm to start the process unlock a locked-in RRSP (think 401K)
2. Christmas decorations going up this weekend (always wknd after my Bday)

and finally, the BIG ONE.....

3. Received a call from the car dealership that my new car hubcap is waiting for pickup!:D

Nov.23: Injector I2 w/Personna(9) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

This morning's nice shave was much appreciated as it was a restless sleep with lots of tossing and turning from around 2am by someone who shall go unnamed. I'll probably have to take a nap later on. But that will need to wait until after lunch when we devour an extra large pizza for my birthday, followed by a chocolate truffle cheesecake.

Today's workout was:
- eating
Happy belated Birthday, Sam!
I think your workout schedule was the correct level of exertion for the day...(y)

The blade is pretty much at its EOL, but I'm not @Graybeard57 and will therefore continue to use it through to Sunday. 😜
I have tried to push DE blades beyond my usual 5 shaves. I calculated how many blades I'd save per year and set out on my journey for that elusive "money saving" factor of wet shaving. In many cases (though not all), the sixth shave had an appreciable drop off in quality. I can't abide that!

Nov.27: Injector I2 w/Personna(13) ... Paladin Sumo ....... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Yup, the Personna is on its last legs, but it will survive tomorrow's shave. No workout today beyond putting up our Christmas decorations.

Today's workout was:
- shivering when outside, putting up Christmas decorations inside

Nov.28: Injector I2 w/Personna(14) ... Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

I should have listened and swapped my blade out as my neck is a little irritated after shaving this morning. Oh well, it will heal up soon enough. First snowfall of the season that required me to go outside and clear it. Can't really complain about that ... I guess. :cautious:

Today's workout was:
- shoveling our drive + walk, as well as our 83 year old neighbour's across the street.

Back