The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The "Where The "USPS" Is My Stuff!?!!" USPS Therapy Thread.

So I discovered a neat little trick for USPS packages that are stuck in purgatory. I go on their website and file a missing package claim, and bam [emoji95] next day it has an arrival scan in my local area and goes out for delivery, almost invariably. They don’t call me back or send me a courtesy email or nothing, it just conveniently gets scanned and then delivered. It’s the damnedest thing [emoji2955].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I discovered a neat little trick for USPS packages that are stuck in purgatory. I go on their website and file a missing package claim, and bam [emoji95] next day it has an arrival scan in my local area and goes out for delivery, almost invariably. They don’t call me back or send me a courtesy email or nothing, it just conveniently gets scanned and then delivered. It’s the damnedest thing [emoji2955].

Believe it or not ...I think this is really a thing. I usually get a 50/50 split, I either get my reported package suddenly show movement again OR I get a sudden reported scan (proving its not lost?) then it returns to the basement for another round of hide and seek.

Well, this week I'm going three for three. All packages were 'moving within the network, dealyed' type messages.

This is nothing new at this point. However, I think I found a NEW problem...

My CBL package shipped around 3/14 (from CA) and almost immediately went the way of the lost package. Last night it surfaced in Nevada.

I propose someone at USPS is teaching our boxes some bad habits. The security footage was grainy, but I clearly think I saw my box rolling dice at a craps table. All I can say is it better bring home the winnings, lol.

You have to laugh at this stuff or you'll go mad. [emoji1787]

Have a great weekend folks!

My worst USPS story to date: (short version) an Aussie customer ordered at the end of December and emailed a couple of weeks later asking why the Customs tracking showed the package being delivered to an address in...Canada. ??? It was MLK Day, post office was closed so I went to Canada Post customer service and they opened a case file on it. I checked that there was no similar sounding address in Canada, that it had been labeled correctly, etc. The Canadian package (not one of mine) had been correctly delivered in Canada despite having a Customs Declaration label with an Australian address on it. I found the alternate, presumably correct, tracking from the receipt and that shows that his package has just arrived in Sydney. I assumed that it would be delivered in a couple of days. When I didn't hear from him I checked and he said no, it had been sent to a sorting center in Perth, lost for a while, and then with no explanation sent back to....TA DAH!!!...Canada! The return address on the package is clearly a US address, the recipient clearly Australian. I called Canada Post customer service again, and was told that I had to conduct the search through USPS. USPS told me that they don't do searches for 1st class international packages. Called Canada again and told, Sorry, nothing we can do. It might be returned to me, it might go to an unclaimed package office, no one knows. We're now two months in, I prepared another package and sent it to my lovely, patient Australian customer and this time it was delivered in about a week. The original package is still out there, somewhere, three months from the time it was mailed. If they don't return it to me, I hope someone opens it out of curiosity and uses it, it was a really nice order.

Michelle

My worst USPS story to date: (short version) an Aussie customer ordered at the end of December and emailed a couple of weeks later asking why the Customs tracking showed the package being delivered to an address in...Canada. ??? It was MLK Day, post office was closed so I went to Canada Post customer service and they opened a case file on it. I checked that there was no similar sounding address in Canada, that it had been labeled correctly, etc. The Canadian package (not one of mine) had been correctly delivered in Canada despite having a Customs Declaration label with an Australian address on it. I found the alternate, presumably correct, tracking from the receipt and that shows that his package has just arrived in Sydney. I assumed that it would be delivered in a couple of days. When I didn't hear from him I checked and he said no, it had been sent to a sorting center in Perth, lost for a while, and then with no explanation sent back to....TA DAH!!!...Canada! The return address on the package is clearly a US address, the recipient clearly Australian. I called Canada Post customer service again, and was told that I had to conduct the search through USPS. USPS told me that they don't do searches for 1st class international packages. Called Canada again and told, Sorry, nothing we can do. It might be returned to me, it might go to an unclaimed package office, no one knows. We're now two months in, I prepared another package and sent it to my lovely, patient Australian customer and this time it was delivered in about a week. The original package is still out there, somewhere, three months from the time it was mailed. If they don't return it to me, I hope someone opens it out of curiosity and uses it, it was a really nice order.

Michelle
Just out of curiosity , wouldn't that be an insurance claim since it was lost so you could get reimbursed the declared value ??

Okay.. Another USPS goof...
I'm waiting on a mj90 razor coming from my own state. It went from the person to 1 county away from me in 4 hrs after he dropped it at the post office. Then it sat there for 2 days. It finally moved last night, it went through my county and kept going through the next state and almost into another.. Now it has to come from almost 2 states away when the stupid truck could have just stopped in my county when they came through !!!!!!!! I think he mailed it next or 2 day shipping, I would hate to see regular at this rate !!!!!

My worst usps story isn't nearly as bad as Michelle's, but it was still as annoying as all get out. I ordered a bottle of Azzaro Pour Homme Intense a while back(before Covid). After it hadn't showed up yet 10 days later I checked the tracking to find that it had taken a small detour to another state, Montana iirc. In a rousing bout of post office ping pong it had bounced between two places in the same state a few times and was currently out for delivery...in Montana. I checked later that day and it was apparently undeliverable. I called the place I ordered from and they happily provided a replacement, which showed up 4 days later. Then the original arrived the day after that.

My LNHC Somali Rose is currently "In Transit, arriving late". :rolleyes:

I had two boxes get delivered today, both of them still say “Shipping label created. USPS awaiting item.”

giphy.gif

I've got a couple of things for the kids in the mail. One is not even showing a label made and one has supposedly been on a plane from Ukraine since December 1st... It must be a VERY long plane ride !!

FedEx! Also known as FedUP! Despise FedEx. Normally I will look for another company if they only ship via FedEx. But alas a company I have been ordering from only ships from FedEx and I have no choice but to order from them. Literally I have had 4 orders from them and each order is on average 4 days late! Current one was supposed to be delivered on Friday and now it might be tomorrow.

FedEx! Also known as FedUP! Despise FedEx. Normally I will look for another company if they only ship via FedEx. But alas a company I have been ordering from only ships from FedEx and I have no choice but to order from them. Literally I have had 4 orders from them and each order is on average 4 days late! Current one was supposed to be delivered on Friday and now it might be tomorrow.
Turn about is fair play! 😜

Back