The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The "Where The "USPS" Is My Stuff!?!!" USPS Therapy Thread.

Just got this notice from post office

December 23, 2020, 6:10 am
Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery Between 12:30pm and 2:30pm
MIAMISBURG, OH 45342
Your item is out for delivery on December 23, 2020 at 6:10 am in MIAMISBURG, OH 45342.

That's a long carrier route considering it over 450 mile from the PO to my house....

I officially filed “where’s my package?” Requests with the USPS for all my customer orders that have yet to be delivered despite being in the possession of the postal service for 10-20 days without any updates. This is the first step in initiating a claim but only those packages with actual insurance coverage are able to progress beyond the “where is my package?” Questioning process. While I still have a few unanswered “open” service requests, most were answered quite quickly despite the short staff. Seems they are REALLY skilled at answering the question “where’s my package”...without actually ANSWERING the question.

here is an example of what I was told: (this package was dropped at the post office on the 10th and send 2 day priority with insurance)
Dear CBL,

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Postal Service®. This is in response to your recent inquiry regarding delayed mail.

As a result of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, Postal ServiceTM Priority Mail® products and First-ClassTM packages may temporarily experience delivery delays due to limited transportation availability.
Your package received it's last physical scan on 12/15/20 at 3:05 PM in California. Due to the current restrictions and limited transportation more items are being transported using ground transportation (truck or train). This will cause a delay in the package reaching it's intended destination. There are no scans on the item until it reaches a destination sort facility. If there are no updates within 15 days of the last physical scan please consider filing a missing mail search using the link below.
https://missingmail.usps.com/
Please be assured, the Postal Service’s goal is to move packages as expeditiously as possible, and we are committed to ensuring timely processing and delivery of essential packages. The Postal Service continually reviews its network capacity to provide the American public reliable, efficient, and fast delivery service.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused.

This is what was supposedly delivered today but wasn't.
16079953197093114202118914332300.jpg
I'm starting to Hate the USPS !!!!!!! I actually had to go into Walmart today/ tonight because I couldn't have anything ordered online and mailed because the post office is so messed up that they probably couldn't #$&$_&$$&&$$&$&$&$&$&$&&$&$&$#*#"@$@&$$"*
You can fill in what I would have said.....I'm trying to be nice 🙂

Hahahahaha well guess what.. I just talked to the person who sent it and he said oh no.. well the good news is he gave me.the wrong tracking number he then said that the bad news was my package was still in transit.... Then I looked at the new tracking number and it's one town over from me so maybe that means it will be here in the next month !!!!!

Mine still is showing in transit. I did notice something strange though. My package is coming from Texas , well it started in Austin then went to Amarillo then went to Irving Texas . It bounced around Texas for 6 days then went across the country in 1 day to the town next to me where its been since the 21st....I could drive to that town in less than 30 min...but somehow it can't make it here in all those days.

It's here! I get my fudge and fruit cake!!!!!
giphy.gif

So glad I decided to step off the merry-go-round for a while. Not officially in any S-thing, but I'm cooling off the shopping for a bit. Added bonus, I soon won't have to sweat this shipping mess.

Only 2 outstanding purchases... One via Airmail (or whatever it is for international mailings from Jordan) and one from FedEx. Fedex is on time so far... The international, who knows (ordered around Dec 1?).

Back