The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The "Where The "USPS" Is My Stuff!?!!" USPS Therapy Thread.

I have a new Aeropress that's been bouncing around the system for 2.5 weeks now, and a Brikka pot that's been in transit for 3. I'm dying to start making good coffee.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I feel for you guys. I'm Still in the same waiting boat. I'm still waiting on stuff mailed in Nov to arrive. One thing was part of a give away and everyone else has gotten their stuff Except Me.. I mean the same company did another give away after that one and Everyone from that one has gotten their stuff too !!!! I was gonna do a lot of my Christmas shopping online this year to avoid going into stores but after seeing how the package delivery is this year I decided to just risk it instead !! Its bad when you find it easier to face possible exposure to a possibly deadly virus than order online !!

It is true, @MarkB is the Usps most hated. While everyone else was getting their packages from early December HIS inexplicably ceased all movement, then again with his order that SAID it would arrive yesterday because I sent it priority...no dice. NOW everyone’s stuff is a big question mark. I know locally (my county/region) has suddenly been hit HARD, the delay could be that it truly has not left our processing hubs (I am delivering straight to the post office to rule out carrier delay). Or maybe they are imposing a multi day quarantine on packages as a precaution. Or maybe it is a ploy to punish us all for not buying fruit cake.
My biggest fear is that they will purposely toss packages that aren’t insured. I have a package that has been delayed since the end of October, I sent a replacement and it has been delivered no problem. Obviously the “delayed” package is more than delayed. Even with insurance the process of following up on lost or delayed packages is nearly impossible to navigate...especially if you have more than one.

Anyone else close to giving up hope on seeing orders ever arrive from the US Postal Service? Personally I have:
  • 2 orders from CBL (Last update Dec. 8 & 11 respectively "In transit, arriving late)
  • 100 more blades from Wizamet (Last update Dec. 7 "In transit, arriving late)
  • My "Gentlemen's Lavender" soap order from LHNC (Last update Dec. 4 "In transit, arriving late)
  • A Rockwell "Model T" from The HandleBar Supply (Last update Dec. 7 "In transit, arriving late)

Amen, brother! Any important items, such as shaverly things, I specify FedEx or UPS. I've lost hope for USPS. :(

We tried to finish all of our Christmas shopping before the end of November this year in big part due to all of this. I have ordered a few packages from Stirling. Standard operating procedure these days seems to be
  1. We have no idea that your package exists
  2. We know your package exists, but we have no idea where it is
  3. Delivered.

Bought a brush on Black Friday from gifts and care. Shipped from Spain. Has now been in Netherlands for well over 2 weeks!? I’ll hope to get it by Spring .... interestingly enough, the other tracking info I have indicates it went from Spain to Netherlands in less than a day 🤯90E1B99E-4AB8-4C52-8A68-8D20B09BC6D1.png

Bought a brush on Black Friday from gifts and care. Shipped from Spain. Has now been in Netherlands for well over 2 weeks!? I’ll hope to get it by Spring .... interestingly enough, the other tracking info I have indicates it went from Spain to Netherlands in less than a day 🤯View attachment 42786
They must have started a passaround! At least it’ll be gel tipped by the time it reaches you!

Bought a brush on Black Friday from gifts and care. Shipped from Spain. Has now been in Netherlands for well over 2 weeks!? I’ll hope to get it by Spring .... interestingly enough, the other tracking info I have indicates it went from Spain to Netherlands in less than a day 🤯View attachment 42786
I hurt for your battery.

A bit of good news this morning. It appears that my CBL order which I placed at the beginning of the month will finally land today. Got some "Patchouli" and "Lavender & Leather" shave soaps along with some "Sandalwood Musk" bar soap. Gonna be nice to finally get them in.

....update...beaked and filed my work ticket on the 15th...magically it gets delivered today...

So I have a package. It's coming from Florida. It was ordered 12/1. Was delayed obviously, it made it to Utah two days ago, yesterday it went to Las Vegas, and today it's in Missouri.

What is going on?!

I have been lucky this season and have not experience the delays that many have. My issue is that almost every package I have received from USPS has been smashed, crushed, half opened, and/or had holes punched into the boxes. It's like these things went through a gladiator arena. I could through packages in the back of a pick up truck and let them bounce around for a week and they would likely look better than what I have been receiving.

I'm currently experiencing this level of craziness with FedEx... So it's definitely universal.

I so want my Henson razor, but the fates deem it too much to ask. Lol.

Seriously though, at this point it's just a matter of "please be late, not lost". These are tough times indeed. [emoji3525]

Fingers crossed it arrives this afternoon. I'm skeptical it'll happen this week, though.

I'm currently experiencing this level of craziness with FedEx... So it's definitely universal.

I so want my Henson razor, but the fates deem it too much to ask. Lol.

Seriously though, at this point it's just a matter of "please be late, not lost". These are tough times indeed. [emoji3525]

Fingers crossed it arrives this afternoon. I'm skeptical it'll happen this week, though.
after I gave up and resigned myself to the mentality that if it gets here it gets here and if it doesnt then I need to file before the last day to file to recover my money or whatever then it has become easier to deal with.......

Back