The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The "Where The "USPS" Is My Stuff!?!!" USPS Therapy Thread.

I'm currently experiencing this level of craziness with FedEx... So it's definitely universal.

I so want my Henson razor, but the fates deem it too much to ask. Lol.

Seriously though, at this point it's just a matter of "please be late, not lost". These are tough times indeed. [emoji3525]

Fingers crossed it arrives this afternoon. I'm skeptical it'll happen this week, though.
I'm in the same situation with my Rockwell Model T. :confused:

I’m right there with you. Bought a Karve razor from a guy in Illinois on a BST at the end of November & it shipped USPS Priority 2day mail and it is still ”In Transit, Arriving Late”. It was in Chicago from Dec.2 - 14 and finally started moving again (hopefully to Denver soon). Spoke with my local postmaster and he said some distribution centers that normally have 400+ employees working have had call-off rates of 90% due to COVID & such. Oh well, what can you do about it? Absolutely nothing but wait for it to get sorted out and delivered.

I suspect the packages are sitting in trailers or bins waiting to be dealt with when they FEEL like it. Partly as a reminder to ensure any discussion of $$ at the government level includes conversations about the bailing out of the USPS (or restructuring in the image of the new administration etc). Partly because the staff are retiring and/or taking time off to avoid COVID. And partly due to Covid restrictions and sickness within the postal locations. I’m almost certain they are holding packages in quarantine for a period of time before moving them out of areas of high Covid exposure (mine is a very high exposure area).

Yup, my wife and I try to have our Christmas shopping done before Veteran's Day. It used to be because we wanted to cruise into the holiday season without having to battle crowds, etc. but lately it's just dang convenient to have everything delivered to your doorstep. I once ordered a big banner for my business with the business name and stuff on it for my shows and it went to Rochester never leaving the facility. I picture it hanging in the breakroom at that facility as a trophy of the coolest package never delivered.

Let's hope this doesn't explain the lost packages...................still in transit..........................

Newman Seinfeld GIF - Newman Seinfeld Pothole GIFs

Yup, my wife and I try to have our Christmas shopping done before Veteran's Day. It used to be because we wanted to cruise into the holiday season without having to battle crowds, etc. but lately it's just dang convenient to have everything delivered to your doorstep. I once ordered a big banner for my business with the business name and stuff on it for my shows and it went to Rochester never leaving the facility. I picture it hanging in the breakroom at that facility as a trophy of the coolest package never delivered.

Let's hope this doesn't explain the lost packages...................still in transit..........................

Newman Seinfeld GIF - Newman Seinfeld Pothole GIFs
"Oh! The humanity!"

My latest Stirling order, and last Christmas gift, arrived yesterday. Only took about 8 business days from Arkansas to Arizona. Link to my video over in THIS POST if you would like to view the unboxing.

Anyone else close to giving up hope on seeing orders ever arrive from the US Postal Service? Personally I have:
  • 2 orders from CBL (Last update Dec. 8 & 11 respectively "In transit, arriving late)
  • 100 more blades from Wizamet (Last update Dec. 7 "In transit, arriving late)
  • My "Gentlemen's Lavender" soap order from LHNC (Last update Dec. 4 "In transit, arriving late)
  • A Rockwell "Model T" from The HandleBar Supply (Last update Dec. 7 "In transit, arriving late)

I finally quit using the USPS to ship my stuff. I will either buy enough to get free FedEx, or make a special request for the vender to ship via UPS or FedEx knowing I’ll have to pay more for shipping. I’m done with the Postal Service. Done done doneskeez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally quit using the USPS to ship my stuff. I will either buy enough to get free FedEx, or make a special request for the vender to ship via UPS or FedEx knowing I’ll have to pay more for shipping. I’m done with the Postal Service. Done done doneskeez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to The Cadre! Head on over to the Newbie & Intro forum and introduce yourself!

What I'm most upset about is my fruit cake I ordered awhile back. It was supposed to arrive last Thursday. Now I fear it will arrive on the 26th.

Back