The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Movie Thread

Saw the new Indiana Jones trailer. Looks OK. I love the Jones movies…but I dunno…I hope Ford can pass the torch soon in some way, or if this is a “last hurrah”, fine.

Watched "A Christmas Story Christmas" last night and was so pleasantly surprised. I thought it might be a big dud but enjoyed the whole movie. Very nostalgic and it felt like it fit right in with the original. I laughed a lot and teared up a little. It is what most holiday movies should strive for. I highly recommend if you have HBO MAX.

A endearing story of a man's enduring love for his departed wife and his dog.

View attachment 100174
You’re a bit behind… Number 4 is coming out…

Saw the new Indiana Jones trailer. Looks OK. I love the Jones movies…but I dunno…I hope Ford can pass the torch soon in some way, or if this is a “last hurrah”, fine.
I haven’t seen the preview yet, but didn’t he pretty much pass the torch on the last one?

I haven’t seen the preview yet, but didn’t he pretty much pass the torch on the last one?
I really feel that was what was supposed to happen, but it was before or around the time LaBouf had his many social blunders. They’re playing it off officially like it was never the plan though now.

I really feel that was what was supposed to happen, but it was before or around the time LaBouf had his many social blunders. They’re playing it off officially like it was never the plan though now.
I am actually glad the did not give the franchise to LaBouf he would have ruined it imho. As to going forward. I hope this is the end. As a series of movies it is perfect as is. I am looking forward to it. Ford has realized, I think, that Television may be his swan song and his new series 1923. As to ROLA. It is time to Sunset it. Blade Runner “2” was just ok, and took, arguable the best Sci-fi movie ever and cheapened it. Ryan Gosling was just not believable as a “Deckerd” type of character. I just hope he can do justice when he plays Ryland Grace in Project Hail Mary

What's this? Back to back nights watching movies with my wife? :eek:

This is a story about a shark with a missing tooth, how exploding ant hills can be dangerous, and that whisky is good.

1670813132296.png

Had some concerns regarding Avatar The way of Water, being that the 1st one was , although Good, a Sci-Fi version of Dances with Wolves. Avatar 2 did not disappoint., Most definitely needs to be seen at least once in IMAX 3D. Visually it is better that the 1st, and as it turns out, it is a really good Action Movie with all the Fighting, war and stuff you would expect. A few real nice twists, and a revenge story, all wrapped up in Family dynamics. Perfect

Very much recommended

Last edited:
So The Last of Us movie is officially happening! I’m both excited and horrified…excellent game…not sure how it will translate to film.

6203227_so.jpg

If ANYONE who was over there has not watched this I would recommend you do.. Based on a true Story 5 weeks after the towers fell..... The film is based on Doug Stanton's non-fiction book Horse Soldiers, which tells the story of U.S. Army Special Forces ( Specifically ODA 595 ) sent to Afghanistan immediately after the September 11 attacks..

Back