The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

Just wondering if anyone here has tried plain ole hot sauce, like Louisiana, Texas Pete, or Franks for example, on a plain glazed doughnut?

If you haven't you should! One of the things I miss about not being able to eat doughnuts (or any sweets) anymore.

I prefer the classic sauces. My favorites are Valentina, Cholula, and tapatio. I will try some on a donut.

Just wondering if anyone here has tried plain ole hot sauce, like Louisiana, Texas Pete, or Franks for example, on a plain glazed doughnut?
I prefer the classic sauces. My favorites are Valentina, Cholula, and tapatio. I will try some on a donut.

I have all of those in my stable except for Texas Pete. I love them all. If I ate donuts, I’d gladly try it on one. Sounds good.

I have tapatio and like cholula as well. Might have to give it a go sometime. I like chicken & waffles so it's likely to be good.

When you actually put super hot sauce on food, do you taste anything other than the burning?

When you actually put super hot sauce on food, do you taste anything other than the burning?
Of course! You taste the wonderful pepper taste. Super hots, like the Ghost, Scorpion, and Reaper all have an amazing flavor.

I always say that it enhances the taste of food.
Well that's what I'm curious about. If it's like salt and pepper for me I get it. If all you taste is this intensely hot pepper, then what's the point since you can no longer taste the food.

Well that's what I'm curious about. If it's like salt and pepper for me I get it. If all you taste is this intensely hot pepper, then what's the point since you can no longer taste the food.

Think of it as adding black Pepper to your food (just a little hotter). I don't like hot sauces that are just hot...they got to have flavor.

From the local frys grocery store now that's what I call and ingredients list!

I found 3 new sauces today. One of them is the same one that John got from his church.

And before you go thinking you can figure out where I am, Nurse Dave, these are made in AZ and FL.

The Ghost Pepper one says it’s 500,000 SHU, but I highly doubt it. It’s nowhere near as hot as another sauce I have that is the same level.

A red haired Pacific Islander...that’s a new one! Maybe she just haole, lol.
1f602.png

I found 3 new sauces today. One of them is the same one that John got from his church.

And before you go thinking you can figure out where I am, Nurse Dave, these are made in AZ and FL.

The Ghost Pepper one says it’s 500,000 SHU, but I highly doubt it. It’s nowhere near as hot as another sauce I have that is the same level.

There is no way the ghost pepper is as hot as it claims. I do like the taste of it. I'm curious on your thoughts.

Bought a couple more...

This one isn’t great. It tastes like Franks, just a little hotter and way saltier. It has pineapple juice in it, but I can’t taste it.

This one is a little weird, but pretty good. Very oniony.

Well look what I found!

Made in Hawaii. The Hamajang was a Hot Ones sauce. Season 5, number 5 of 10 @ 32,000 SHU. I haven’t found the scale for the other one but it’s over twice as hot. So excited to try these!

Back