The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Mystery Traveling Box

So the truck is still broken. Flat Spider loved Medic 3 so much that he stayed behind. We threatened to leave him behind and he called my bluff. We turned around and got him. He's a wild one for wanting to stay in a hot truck.

Flat Spider needs to go to Tim already. Medics 1 and 2 had simultaneous critical calls. What a night. Geez. @Spider I'm not a big fan of this bad juju. 🤣

My time with the box is nearing the end. Actually, I didn't know that USPS closed at noon today, which is also a consequence of not ever knowing what day it is!

Quick recap on Flat Spider's Adventures with me at the La Marque Fire Department:
  • He fixed my truck
  • He actually didn't fix my truck
  • He almost got left behind in a truck because he's extra sassy
  • 4 EMS runs, including a major accident with some potentially life-threatening injuries at 11PM
  • 1 fire run around midnight which was caused by leaving the stove on high while the occupant stepped out to smoke while making cheesesteaks. Nobody was hurt and the residence was still standing, but had a bit of smoke damage in the kitchen...the stove was toast, though.
  • 4 total hours of sleep
  • End of shift
That was one hell of a shift that Flat Spider got to experience. Sadly, no video of him working the sirens; I had a lot to deal with because my partner is still super green and I have to make sure he's doing things as safely as possible. We'll try to get that should there be another passaround in the future.

And what you've all been waiting for...what I decided to keep.

• Queen Charlotte Soaps - Esquire; I knew I was keeping this instantly. The only other proper sandalwood scent I have is Proraso red
  • Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Coconut Oud; I actually PIFed my tub to my paramedic instructor during the last of my paramedic rotations. It seems like the universe really wants me to have this devine scent in my den. I'm super excited about this keep.
  • Black Ship Grooming - Two Bits; another one that I knew that I had to keep. I love me a good barbershop scent.
  • Klas Tornblom cut throat; this was the really unique razor that I was fond of. It's a great shaver and it just looks wicked cool.
  • Wilkinson Sword DE blades; I've been wanting to try these for a while, but I keep getting distracted by other stuff.

IMG_20191005_154106.jpg

There's a ton of other awesome stuff in the box that I can't talk about because Flat Spider knows where I live and work now.

@MilkCrate you're up next, hombre. For the sake of transparency, I'm about to pack everything up as soon as possible and hop over to the post office to send the box over. I'd deliver it myself, but it's in the middle of the work week and Tim lives 4 hours away. :(

No paddles? What do they use now?
We use super adhesive disposable pads. It's easier to multitask when you don't have to physically keep putting the paddles on to do what needs to be done with them.

defibpads.jpg

My time with the box is nearing the end. Actually, I didn't know that USPS closed at noon today, which is also a consequence of not ever knowing what day it is!

Quick recap on Flat Spider's Adventures with me at the La Marque Fire Department:
  • He fixed my truck
  • He actually didn't fix my truck
  • He almost got left behind in a truck because he's extra sassy
  • 4 EMS runs, including a major accident with some potentially life-threatening injuries at 11PM
  • 1 fire run around midnight which was caused by leaving the stove on high while the occupant stepped out to smoke while making cheesesteaks. Nobody was hurt and the residence was still standing, but had a bit of smoke damage in the kitchen...the stove was toast, though.
  • 4 total hours of sleep
  • End of shift
That was one hell of a shift that Flat Spider got to experience. Sadly, no video of him working the sirens; I had a lot to deal with because my partner is still super green and I have to make sure he's doing things as safely as possible. We'll try to get that should there be another passaround in the future.

And what you've all been waiting for...what I decided to keep.

• Queen Charlotte Soaps - Esquire; I knew I was keeping this instantly. The only other proper sandalwood scent I have is Proraso red
  • Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Coconut Oud; I actually PIFed my tub to my paramedic instructor during the last of my paramedic rotations. It seems like the universe really wants me to have this devine scent in my den. I'm super excited about this keep.
  • Black Ship Grooming - Two Bits; another one that I knew that I had to keep. I love me a good barbershop scent.
  • Klas Tornblom cut throat; this was the really unique razor that I was fond of. It's a great shaver and it just looks wicked cool.
  • Wilkinson Sword DE blades; I've been wanting to try these for a while, but I keep getting distracted by other stuff.

View attachment 9527

There's a ton of other awesome stuff in the box that I can't talk about because Flat Spider knows where I live and work now.

@MilkCrate you're up next, hombre. For the sake of transparency, I'm about to pack everything up as soon as possible and hop over to the post office to send the box over. I'd deliver it myself, but it's in the middle of the work week and Tim lives 4 hours away. :(
I think I have a Klas just like it (a guess as you didn't show the blade) and it is a favorite of mine.

Last edited:
Nice grabs Ben! The Klaus looks cool! Rich musta thrown that in there!
Maybe not? I googled it just to find out a little more. It showed up in one of @Dagwoodz's videos. I vaguely recall that he might have put it up in the Cadre BST. I could be wrong, though...probably am; huge surprise, I know! 🤣

I think I have a Klas just like it (a guess as you didn't show the blade) and it is a favorite of mine.
I believe it's a pseudo frame back? Whatever it is, it's awesome and I'm excited to have it in my den.

I wont tell you what I paid for mine!
You sir have the score of the box (in my humble opinion).
Look forward to your thoughts. Hope you love it as much as I love mine.
I agree. I feel a little guilty, but it's going to be a great memory every time I use it; a reminder of the generosity and kindness that is The Shaving Cadre.

KT’s, in my opinion are among the best of the classic Vintage razors. Super duper hard steel!

Back