The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Journey of a Blind Squirrel aka Clint's Shave Journal

October 9, 2021
Focus R52
Feather
Omega Roma Synthetic
La Savonniere du Moulin
Myrsol Agua Limon
Agua de Colonia Concentrada EdT

I decided to take a break from Open Comb October for at least 1 day. The Focus R52 razor arrived yesterday and since I have zero patience, I just had to give it a go today. The razor is aluminum which makes it very light. It seems lighter than my Henson razor. The design is very cool and the finished product looks fantastic. Loaded with a new Feather blade, I managed to catch the baby with 3 passes and touch ups. I did have to really pay attention in order to maintain the correct angle. I am sure with more time using the razor, that will become automatic. I hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday.

Nice new acquisition! Glad it’s pulling its weight. Did you get to choose the coloring?

October 9, 2021
Focus R52
Feather
Omega Roma Synthetic
La Savonniere du Moulin
Myrsol Agua Limon
Agua de Colonia Concentrada EdT

I decided to take a break from Open Comb October for at least 1 day. The Focus R52 razor arrived yesterday and since I have zero patience, I just had to give it a go today. The razor is aluminum which makes it very light. It seems lighter than my Henson razor. The design is very cool and the finished product looks fantastic. Loaded with a new Feather blade, I managed to catch the baby with 3 passes and touch ups. I did have to really pay attention in order to maintain the correct angle. I am sure with more time using the razor, that will become automatic. I hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday.
Great shave, Clint. Is your razor from the same outfit that makes the Focus shavettes?

October 10, 2021
Tatara Masamune OC
Feather
Tatara/Semogue
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Grand Bay Rum Aftershave

Happy Sunday Everyone. I got up early this morning and got my walk in before it was too warm. I normally use MWF on Friday's but this one is nearing the bottom so I am going to use it several times a week until its done and dusted. This soap will be a repurchase for me. Everything played well together delivering a drama free BBS shave with 3 passes and touch ups. My wife and I are off to North Georgia to meet with a breeder. With any luck we will be bringing back a young adult Whippet today. Sadly we lost our 14.5 year old Belgian Malinois on 12/30/20. We are ready for a dog to once again be part of our lives. Take care and have a great Sunday everyone.

October 10, 2021
Tatara Masamune OC
Feather
Tatara/Semogue
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Grand Bay Rum Aftershave

Happy Sunday Everyone. I got up early this morning and got my walk in before it was too warm. I normally use MWF on Friday's but this one is nearing the bottom so I am going to use it several times a week until its done and dusted. This soap will be a repurchase for me. Everything played well together delivering a drama free BBS shave with 3 passes and touch ups. My wife and I are off to North Georgia to meet with a breeder. With any luck we will be bringing back a young adult Whippet today. Sadly we lost our 14.5 year old Belgian Malinois on 12/30/20. We are ready for a dog to once again be part of our lives. Take care and have a great Sunday everyone.
I don’t know which emoji to use - sorry about your dog, I know they are part of the family. I’m excited for you if you get a new family member. I can’t save it enough about your shave - love the tatara look - their knurling is so unique

Thank you guys. It is somewhat bittersweet. Mocha will always have a special place in my heart. We are not replacing her but finding another 4 friend to love. Everything went fantastic today. So meet Greyson.

6031b8e1d5ee3e00c8a4d451cd60cb3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you guys. It is somewhat bittersweet. Mocha will always have a special place in my heart. We are not replacing her but finding another 4 friend to love. Everything went fantastic today. So meet Greyson.

Welcome Faithful Friend! May those who love you spoil you beyond reason.

Whippets are great little dogs, Clint! Gromit’s good buddy at the dog park is a whippet named Charlie! It’s wonderful having a dog in one’s life! I don’t know what I’d do without Gromit!

Attachments

• 957785DC-B360-4FEC-9FFA-DD8D2B0B3AB4.png
    957785DC-B360-4FEC-9FFA-DD8D2B0B3AB4.png
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 1
Whippets are great little dogs, Clint! Gromit’s good buddy at the dog park is a whippet named Charlie! It’s wonderful having a dog in one’s life! I don’t know what I’d do without Gromit!

Gromit is such a cool dog. Greyson seems like he is going to be a very cool dog once he settles in. His personality will allow him to go to the office with the 3 days a week I don't work at client sites.

October 11, 2021
Blackland Tradere OC
Feather
Paladin
The Dead Sea
Shave Soap & Aftershave

Monday already. Weekends are entirely too short. I had forgotten how much work a new 4 legged friend can be. At least everyone managed to sleep through the night. Keeping with the Open Comb theme for the month, I reached for the Blackland Tradere OC. I find this razor to be an excellent combination of smooth and efficient. Three passes and touch ups caught the baby with ease. I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday.

October 12, 2021
Blackland Tradere OC
Feather
Zenith B14 “Big Scrubby”
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Grand Bay Rum Aftershave

Happy Tuesday Everyone. On the home front, I am happy to say the new dog is starting to settle in. I can already see Greyson will have a wonderfully loving and cheerful personality. I just need to continue building trust with him over the next few weeks. Back with the Fat this morning. The B14 Zenith boar ate through the soap whipping up a rich slick lather. Three passes and touch ups just missed the baby. As usual it was operator error that allowed the little guy to escape. I was distracted and even got a few weepers. I really should pay attention more. I have a couple of soaps, a cologne and a razor inbound. Looks like I will have plenty of new stuff to play around. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Take care and stay safe.

October 12, 2021
Blackland Tradere OC
Feather
Zenith B14 “Big Scrubby”
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Grand Bay Rum Aftershave

Happy Tuesday Everyone. On the home front, I am happy to say the new dog is starting to settle in. I can already see Greyson will have a wonderfully loving and cheerful personality. I just need to continue building trust with him over the next few weeks. Back with the Fat this morning. The B14 Zenith boar ate through the soap whipping up a rich slick lather. Three passes and touch ups just missed the baby. As usual it was operator error that allowed the little guy to escape. I was distracted and even got a few weepers. I really should pay attention more. I have a couple of soaps, a cologne and a razor inbound. Looks like I will have plenty of new stuff to play around. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Take care and stay safe.
Youkre blessed having a whippet, Clint! They’re fabulous dogs with sweet loving personalities!

Youkre blessed having a whippet, Clint! They’re fabulous dogs with sweet loving personalities!

Jeff, you are so right. The personality is amazing. I loved Mocha so much. Her intelligence and protective nature were a joy. However her hard each was a challenge. Greyson is so loving and gentle. He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. My wife has nick named him Forest Gump.

Back