The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Holy Black Halloween Release

They certainly put together a nice package. THB special projects are the type of thing that would make a great gift from a spouse or close friend. I send fruit (dried usually) baskets to my clients for Christmas and can easily spend $50-$100 on one basket. Dropping $200 on a cool themed package when it is a gift seems quite doable.

I love Vetiver so I am very interested in a review!

They certainly put together a nice package. THB special projects are the type of thing that would make a great gift from a spouse or close friend. I send fruit (dried usually) baskets to my clients for Christmas and can easily spend $50-$100 on one basket. Dropping $200 on a cool themed package when it is a gift seems quite doable.

I love Vetiver so I am very interested in a review!
You taking notes for a squirrel them shave pack ?

This THB release is a very creative idea. Everything seems to be well thought out, from the box& crowbar, to the bubbling aftershave. Visually apealing to say the least.

Have not tried any THB products yet, but i like the idea of creating a whole "shaving experience" or ambiance. Isnt that was wet shaving is all about? Taking your time to ensure the best shave possible.

The Holy Black is not only an experience, but they also make really good shaving products. I own quite a few of them. I love their Gunpowder Spice. It smells like Old Spice and Gunpowder. Their soap performance is excellent as is their whiskey based aftershave. I have their Gunpowder Spice, Mountain Man, Christmas Cookies, and Lavender Creeper soaps. I also have their Mountain Man, Orange Creamcicle, Cradling Rosie, Lavender Creeper, and Sandlewood Smoke aftershaves. But, my favorite scent from The Holy Black is my Tell Tell Heart set.

I received my Jeckyll and Hyde box a week ago; however, I’ve yet to use it. It looks so good in the wooden crate. I love how the box plays music and flashes lights under the aftershaves when the crate is opened.

My only problem with the Holy Black is it’s so hard to get their special releases. They sold out of their Tangerine Creeper in 2 minutes. I logged on 5 minutes after release time and I missed it.

I received my J&H set yesterday. I did a video to show my opening of the crate, so that if anyone who did not get one, wants to see what all the hubbub is about, you can see it as I experienced it. I will add, that I bought mine on eBay and after shipping, I actually paid a little less than what it retailed for from THB. There are still some sets on eBay for those who might be interested. Looks like maybe a bunch got snatched up for the secondary market, but the secondary market just wasn't there for this set.

On initial sniff, these scents are just great! I'm so happy with my purchase, and so glad I was able to get one. Once I get around to shaving with the set, I'll do more reviews on the scents.

https://youtu.be/3_cYgFRuvkg

I received my J&H set yesterday. I did a video to show my opening of the crate, so that if anyone who did not get one, wants to see what all the hubbub is about, you can see it as I experienced it. I will add, that I bought mine on eBay and after shipping, I actually paid a little less than what it retailed for from THB. There are still some sets on eBay for those who might be interested. Looks like maybe a bunch got snatched up for the secondary market, but the secondary market just wasn't there for this set.

On initial sniff, these scents are just great! I'm so happy with my purchase, and so glad I was able to get one. Once I get around to shaving with the set, I'll do more reviews on the scents.

Awesome! Glad you got it JUST in time for Halloween

Back