The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Holy Black Halloween Release

WildWest74

Could be John Wayne
So, the guys at The Holy Black have been doing some teasing on Instagram, dropping hints about their upcoming Halloween release. Apparently it is to be a 5 piece set (looking like a soap, 2 splashes, 2 EdT/Ps), based on the theme of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It will be packed in a crate marked "Dangerous Contents" and will include a Holy Black branded pry-bar for opening the crate.

Now I have to convince SWMBO that this will be my Christmas present, because there is no way I am missing this year's release after passing on TTH last year.

If i hadn't won Xeno Dave's TTH pif i would never have tried it. The scent is spectacular if you like it but the performance really isn't what i would think of for stuff that carries that $ tag

And performance is nice but not that nice .........

The Holy Black, to me, is the perfect example of paying for the experience.

I put the product performance in my Top Tier, even if most wouldn't all them elite. However, the scents all tend to be amazing, and of course the packaging and presentation is leaps and bounds above almost any other artisan. I am a fan of their branding, and cannot wait to see what this release entails. If it already includes a wooden crate and steel pry-bar, and they are still designing their special effects, this is bound to be eye-popping.

The Holy Black, to me, is the perfect example of paying for the experience.

I put the product performance in my Top Tier, even if most wouldn't all them elite. However, the scents all tend to be amazing, and of course the packaging and presentation is leaps and bounds above almost any other artisan. I am a fan of their branding, and cannot wait to see what this release entails. If it already includes a wooden crate and steel pry-bar, and they are still designing their special effects, this is bound to be eye-popping.
I get it, I just choose different experiences for that money ?

Well, I got a blessing from SWMBO. According to Stefan they are shooting for an October 15 launch date, so I am prepared for more midnight madness! I fully intend to buy two this time just in case one of my brothers oversleeps.

Well, I got a blessing from SWMBO. According to Stefan they are shooting for an October 15 launch date, so I am prepared for more midnight madness! I fully intend to buy two this time just in case one of my brothers oversleeps.
Do you know the cost? Not that I’m going to buy, but I’m curious.

Would love to grab one...but I'm thinking I will sit this one out as it will likely be close to or at $200.

I'm just happy that so far they have the menthol type stuff in them so wouldn't even use them. If they stop doing that, well...I'm a huge sucker for hype and exclusivity is all I'll say.

I doubt it will top $200, but we shall see.

I'm just happy that so far they have the menthol type stuff in them so wouldn't even use them. If they stop doing that, well...I'm a huge sucker for hype and exclusivity is all I'll say.

Remember, Dave, only the Creeper line as the cooling agent... these will most likely be menthol-free. MWA HA HA HA HA!

Back