The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Heysi Missive

I wouldn't call 1 or 2 games a whirlwind...but a visit to your neck of the cactus is in the works.
Make sure a Sunday/ Monday is in the itinerary as the haircut shave would be on a Sunday as the shop is closed otherwise I would have to book you for mid 2025

So......the Boston trip is definitely happening. And everyone involved all agrees that a Red Sox/Yankee game is a must-do. So now I just have to secure tickets. Right now the only tickets I can find are on after-market sites....and they're mostly season ticket holders making next years available before the tickets are even released. Certainly interesting to see what people are asking for a game a full year in advance ......$1300 for seats on top of the Green Monster!!!....but I guess it also comes with a possibility of taking home an Aaron Judge homerun ball. I saw him hit one in Yankee stadium....it was impressive.

But I'm also looking for other things to do in the New England area. I know I'm planning to go visit my Great-great-great-great-great grandfather's house in Hingham Mass. His name was Benjamin Lincoln and he was a General in Washington's army during the Revolutionary war. He was also the first Secretary at War (a position that later changed to Secretary of War and later Defense Secretary) and was the Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts under John Hancock.

Here's his house....

Ben-Lincoln-House-HHS-2021-1.jpg

See ya Later.

$1300 for seats on top of the Green Monster!!!....but I guess it also comes with a possibility of taking home an Aaron Judge homerun ball. I saw him hit one in Yankee stadium....it was impressive.
Don’t wait to buy tickets, they never last long, and prices will only go up. Judge will probably strike out three times and make a fielding error or two. Just saying!
I must say, you have serious New England cred! If you have time, go to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. They cover colonial history incredibly well with original portraits, a silver collection of Paul Revere, and other artifacts from that era. If you walk the Freedom Trail up to the Bunker Hill monument, you’ll walk past my brother’s home across from a small park a block downhill from the site. Before you get there, you’ll see Faneuil Hall marketplace and the USS Constitution along the trail. It’s worth your time.

Back