The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Heysi Missive

Well....day one of my first Amazon Prime Day is in the bag. Since downgrading to a smaller house, I've noticed that my bills have dropped dramatically......well, my beer bills are still up there......but utilities are down considerably...so I treated myself to an Amazon Prime membership. Gotta love the free shipping!

But since this is my first Prime Day, I wanted to get some great deals. Maybe buy myself some new toys......some new games....or maybe even some items for the house. Woke up yesterday morning and there was a text from my daughter.....with a link to her amazon prime day wish list!!! Seems my wife decided to use our "perk" in an entirely different way than I intended. So I ended up buying most of my daughter's classroom supplies and my granddaughter's wardrobe for the next 6 months. I'll probably only get voted #1 Grandad. Again. (I'm not sure how Hazel is voting since she can't speak english yet)

Looks like the baseball season is ramping up nicely......my Dodgers have gone on a losing streak that isn't good....but every season has a slump and its better if its in the middle than at the end. The minor league team heads back into town this weekend and I'm going on friday night when its Harry Potter night. They're giving away hats for each of the 4 houses of Hogwarts that night. Should be fun. The minor leagues always put on great themed nights. Should be very warm and lots of fun.

I'm enjoying the Clown Puck tub that @Spider provided everyone at the TSC Con this past spring. Its such a mishmash of scents.....but it lathers like no ones business. @CBLindsay needs to reverse engineer my tub to get the ultimate lather in his soaps (granted....Chris is top of the list for me as far as his soaps...so this lather is not much of a difference). Maybe Chris can sell CBL Clown Pukes.....that would be impressive scents AND impressive lathers.

See Ya Later

To begin with....I didn't choose Grandad...my daughter did. She said it sounded more English and she hoped that Hazel would like that part of our family history (the English part). I wanted to be called Grandpa after my Grandpa Crosby. But I usually don't get a vote in my household. So I'm Grandad....except Bougie may call me whatever he likes....because he's Bougie.

Back