The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Firearms Thread

Yeah I think its pretty common for guns to get lost in a boating accident.. I think that's what happened to ours too !!
Ok now...maybe its because I am Canadian and to try to report that to the local Constabulary would be death by a million paper cuts!! Exactly what type of "boats" are we discussing?!

external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

I've always trained that way because God forbid i ever need it for defense, the sights are most likely never going to get used. I want to know it is going where I point.
You bring up a really good point Shawn. I guess I have always done a bit of both types of shooting and to be honest, I haven't had a lot of professional training as of late. I pretty much rely on my experiences and training in the military and then I just adjust fire from there. But I have been thinking about getting some defensive training as of late.

I have a few rifles and handguns in different calibers.

Went out plinking with the .22's about 3 weeks ago. Had a good time.

Just wish there was a place outdoors that was closer. It takes about an hour to get out there. So I only go 3 to 4 times a year now.

If it was only 30min or so away. I'd be out there 3 times as much.

I’m fortunate enough to live in the country and can just shoot on my property.

Man I need to get some guns....
I always figured you would be 1 of 2 ways , you'd have lots and lots of guns or you'd be one of those anti gun people even though you had been in the service....

I've been around guns my whole life and have owned a few. Currently just have a 9mm(S&W 915) but would love to get a .357 and a bolt action rifle. Just something about those simple mechanical workings that kinda draws my eye.

As far as a lever action 357... I have my eye on this... the 1892 Alaskan Take Down by Taylor Firearms...it's a bit out of my price range...but I can still dream...

1892 Alaskan Takedown - Cartridge Rifles - Long Guns (taylorsfirearms.com)

1621247786555.png

This one is for John @The Monkey !!!

This was an interesting podcast about the ammo shortage from an Ammo Manufacturer. They mostly keep politics out of it...but there is a tiny bit in there. But it was interesting to hear the perspective of an ammo manufacturer. They talk about the raw materials shortage and how it affects the process. They talk about primers specifically. Anyway...it was a really good listen. Below is the link to the Podcast on the actual Podcast page, but you can also listen to it on your favorite podcast player, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, etc.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ALL THE AMMO? WITH JUSTIN FROM FENIX AMMO

So...who has a Ruger 10/22 in one or some of it's various versions. I have the plain old carbine version, and I have to say...it is one of my favorites. Just fun to shoot. They are highly customizable also. So...who has one and have you done anything to it?

So...who has a Ruger 10/22 in one or some of it's various versions. I have the plain old carbine version, and I have to say...it is one of my favorites. Just fun to shoot. They are highly customizable also. So...who has one and have you done anything to it?
You know Don the longer in the tooth I get the more I love the whole range of 22 out there. Back in the day and still today for the most part we buy it cheap and stack it deep in a variety of calibers but date night on the range…yup, we do that!…Some range time, a pizza and a bottle of wine (once we get home of course) usually starts with a 22. It is just an easy round to shoot and enjoy. Need us a 22 rifle and the 10/22 has always been of interest.

You know Don the longer in the tooth I get the more I love the whole range of 22 out there. Back in the day and still today for the most part we buy it cheap and stack it deep in a variety of calibers but date night on the range…yup, we do that!…Some range time, a pizza and a bottle of wine (once we get home of course) usually starts with a 22. It is just an easy round to shoot and enjoy. Need us a 22 rifle and the 10/22 has always been of interest.
That's funny and awesome all at the same time!

The 10/22 is not your typical bolt action .22 that most are used to. It's an auto-loader or semi-automatic. There are so many accessories for the 10/22 it's not even funny. You can make them look like an AR or cammo them up. Turn them into a competition shooter...so much you can do to them! This article gives you an idea what you can do to them: Best 10/22 Upgrades [Hands-On]: Stocks, Triggers, & More - Pew Pew Tactical

I used to have one that I had set up like my Savage. Stainless fluted bull barrel, thumb hole laminated stock... was a great shooter, but in PA you can't use semiautomatic to hunt with. So no squirrel shooting. The savage is a bolt action.

Back