The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Double Edge Adventures of Somnos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed always seems to have a nice shave (and great pics!). These things always happen to the supermodel-type guys. Grrrrr.
You have sat across from me at coffee! Supermodel? Man you need to check the prescription...dude you have SEEN me!

39A76E8E-260A-4D39-8B19-ADA713FD18F2.gif
But it would be blue steel for sure...I gots swagger....

Last edited:
Love the Super Speeds! Today is a true favourite in the 1956 Red Tip SS. This completes the SS trio and what a way to do it. Some state that this razor is aggressive however, I find it quite efficient and just about perfect for my beard and face. I really enjoyed the Dorco Platinum so I decided to throw it in the Red Tip for today’s go.

Today’s soap choice fell to Stirling Tuscany with the matching AS. Performance is all Stirling so excellent to say the least. Scent is quite nice and light to medium strength off the tub. The Simpson 59 made quick work of creating a lather indeed. Lovely stuff.

Two pass shave was all that was required to hit DFS levels and topped everything off with the matching AS and a shot of English Laundry Windsor EDP with the matching deodorant. Almost Supermodel quality! Happy shaves all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed 1956
Blade: Dorco Platinum
Brush: Simpson 59
Pre-Shave: Natural Men Shave - Sandalwood Oil
Lather: Stirling Tuscany
Aftershave: Stirling Tuscany
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
English Laundry Windsor
English Laundry Windsor Deodorant Stick

2A8EE47D-FB81-4646-8C6D-B69D7BD59512.jpeg

Long week and on the verge of the long weekend here in Canada so I reached for the Merkur 34G because I love GOOOOOOLD! Loaded up with a Gillette Silver Blue and it’s a thing of beauty both physically and figuratively speaking.

Today’s soap was Italian Barber Amici which I tried for the first time a week or so ago. Last time I observed the scent to me light whereas this time it was a bit more pronounced. Lovely scent and a good performer. The Chubby 1 made short work of this soap and whipped up a very slick lather.

Lovely three pass BBS shave was achieved! Let the long weekend begin! It heralds the beginning of Summer! May your beers be cold, your BBQ smoking and your families and friends close! Happy shaves all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Lotion
Lather: Italian Barber Amici
Aftershave: Italian Barber Amici
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bath & Body Works Citron
D8B9793B-0010-4F19-90C4-DC06E740B992.jpeg

I think lack of oxygen at the high latitude has something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back