The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Double Edge Adventures of Somnos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice shave! Those light, more crisp scents are great for summer shaves!
The aftershave is really quite nice with this set and did make up for the lack of punch from the soap. It isn't as strong as a Fine Italian Citrus would be but quite nice indeed.

Forward through the Super Speeds we go and today’s shave fell to the quite capable 1956 Blue Tip SS. Last SOTD was with my 53 SS on Monday and quite a good shave it was but I let the beard grow out. The Blue Tip being typically mild, I was a bit hesitant to reach for it over it’s Red Tip Brother but no need it got the deed done well. Again, a mild razor with a super sharp blade just works and the Perma-Sharp having doing quite well lately.

Soap of the day was Santa Maria del Fiore Firenze by RazoRock and for this debut I broke out the Fine Accoutrements lather bowl. The soap is more of a croap and a small amount is all that is needed to work up a great lather. Manufacturer warns that if you lather from the container to allow it to dry thoroughly so as not ruin the soap. The scent is quite nice on this one with Tuscan cigar, vanilla and amber being what it’s all about. Fantastic! The matching AS is equally fantastic!

Reached for the Graydog custom horse hair brush that made a cross Canada journey hanging out in BC for a bit before coming home! Great brush indeed. Two passes today to a DFS finish because we have a function to attend this evening and another tomorrow so I will again be shaving tomorrow morning.

First razor of the 1956 Gillette Trio is done and dusted. The rest to follow...Happy Shaves All!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Blue Tip Super Speed 1956
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super
Brush: Graydog Custom 24mm Horse
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Lotion
Lather: Santa Maria del Fiore Sapone da Barba
Aftershave: Santa Maria del Fiore Lozione Dopo-barba
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Fine Accoutrements - Lather Bowl
10C496E5-691B-4618-A934-8D578E5A2F88.jpeg

Well today’s shave featured a razor near and dear my heart but which doesn’t get a lot love these days in my rotation. The Edwin Jagger 89lbl was my first DE and usually comes up when I need something comfortable and quick and today was no exception. Loaded up with a Rapira Swedish Steel and off to the shave races. The Rapira SS is not a blade I would normally go for and Astra SP normally go into this razor. Oh well...

Today’s soap the hard working and vividly polarizing Tabac in shave stick form with the matching AS lotion. Went on well and with my trusty Omega boar whipped up a lather like no one’s business! I only needed two passes and the stick is more than enough for the task. Slick, a lovely scent (for my beak anyway), and a joy to lather in a convenient travel package. Winner!

Two lovely passes and much like yesterday a DFS finish. Applied the AS lotion and though not my favourite scent it works...barely. Quick spritz of Bvlgari Man and all is right with the world again.

It is Friday and the weekend is upon us. Safe travels, take care and happy shaves all!

Razor: Edwin Jagger 89lbl
Blade: Rapira Swedish Steel
Brush: Omega 10066
Lather: Tabac Original Shave Stick
Aftershave: Tabac After Shave Lotion
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bvlgari Man
F7D2DFF1-5248-4D24-9232-E5EF3E79BCF2.jpeg

Love the shave stick and the soap itself but the initial scent from the AS lotion...hmmm I don’t know. On dry down it’s getting there and when paired with Bvlgari Man most certainly. Maybe Tabac Black?

Pssst. Don't throw away that Tabac stick container when you're done with it. I've been look for a stick holder to replace my repurposed pit-stick container. I count myself and SWMBO fortunate that there have been no mix-ups thus far. 🤪

So moving on down the line of Super Speeds and today was the 1956 Flare Tip. Love where this one sits on the efficiency scale. Loaded up with a Dorco Platinum and this razor is quite nice for a slow and rainy Sunday (yes it is Mother’s Day).

Soap of the day Henri et Victoria Terre d’Henri. Very, very nice soap. The Simpson Special made quick work of lathering up and carried enough lather for three passes despite its small size.

Lovely two pass shave was all that was required today and quite enjoyable it was. Hope everyone enjoyed some family time and most importantly honoured the woman who started it all...MOM! Happy shaves all!

Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed 1956
Blade: Dorco Platinum
Brush: Simpson Special 1
Pre-Shave: Natural Men Shave - Sandalwood Oil
Lather: Henri et Victoria Terre d’Henri
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Terre d’Henri
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block

75B069F2-5196-4DB0-B4D2-49E35BB861B9.jpeg

Ed always seems to have a nice shave (and great pics!). These things always happen to the supermodel-type guys. Grrrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back