The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The bottom of a tub

is sterling any good? i have never tried them.

I really like Stirling. They have a ton of different scents, some with menthol and without. The soaps are slick, with cushion and they are fairly easy to work up a lather. My favorite is their Barbershop. I'm slowly trying others. I really enjoy Executive Man as well. The Lime that I just finished smells a lot like some of them, likely because they all use the same base which has it's own base scent. And what's not to like about the size of their large tubs and how much you get for your money. And they sell samples so you can try stuff without spending money on full tubs that you don't end up liking. I would suggest picking out 3 scents that sound like something you might like and order samples of those. Those samples sizes of 1 oz. will probably give you 5 or 6 or more shaves. Probably more. And that is more than enough to determine if you like it or not.

I don’t know if obliged is the word...KJs got the good stuff! He may want to use it!

Vintage Williams is a fantastic soap; the modern.... ummm, not so much (for me).
And Yes, evil people sending me soaps would still see them used, even if they were on my "never spending a penny on that" list.

While not a tub, my Dove shave gel spit out its last pea-sized dollup this morning, forcing me to start my Williams journey a little earlier than expected.

RIP Mr.gel, you shall not be missed.

Back