The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Avon Collection and Information Thread

I found some Blend 7 last weekend, but they wanted $12.00 for it. I wasn't too impressed with the scent so I passed.

I was out a week or so ago, and went to the check out with a couple aftershave bottles. They guy asked me if I collected those, and I said yeah. He brought me over to a booth and showed me this box, and said if I picked it up and took it out of there, I could have them! Half are full, and half of those don’t have labels, lol.

I was out a week or so ago, and went to the check out with a couple aftershave bottles. They guy asked me if I collected those, and I said yeah. He brought me over to a booth and showed me this box, and said if I picked it up and took it out of there, I could have them! Half are full, and half of those don’t have labels, lol.

View attachment 6208
Cool! Any of your favorite lime?

Cool! Any of your favorite lime?
No. I’d seen this guy have tons more Avon a few years back.... this I’m sure, is what’s left of what wouldn’t sell. There really wasn’t much great before.

I like most of the Avon stuff I encounter but i will admit, a lot of it starts to smell the same to me (perhaps I find a lot of stuff that has gone bad so they all smell like Avon that has gone bad). The only one I really don't like is Oland, I can enjoy it in small doses for about 3 minutes then I am done with it...but it is the strongest and last the longest of them all so I just don't use it any more. My wife thought I was collecting the bottles so she was surprised when I decanted them and put the bottles in a box. I told her i thought the bottle were cool and don't mind having them or displaying some or all but I'm only interested in the stuff inside...empty bottles do nothing for me. That said, once I empty the bottles i have a hard time just throwing them away. I don't want to BUY empty bottles but I don't mind having them when they are cool.

I’m pretty much in the same boat as you Chris. I display a few that I like, or that have meaning to me, but the rest are just in boxes.

A lot smell the same to me too with stand outs being leather and Island Lime which I was hoping to land more of. I got there and as I'm picking up boxes (tons of chess pieces) I say this is empty. She was surprised at how many were empty. Still plenty full but not mostly. As I hesitated and am checking them she says I hate you drove this far and want them gone would you take them for $15. After getting a feel for how many were full I said I'd do $20 and she was appreciative. Lot of mixed deep woods, tribute, spicy, wild country, windjammer, oland etc. No lime but will have fun going thru to better see when I get home. Maybe not till tomorrow as I work late. Here is the 2 boxes. The empty Kodiak Bear will go to @Bill in Oneida as he loves bears.
IMG_20190715_143441150.jpgIMG_20190715_143448833.jpgIMG_20190715_143643_01.jpg

Last edited:
Back