The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Avon Collection and Information Thread

If I saw a complete set and for the right price in good condition I would probably pick it up. I am sure they are out there. Currently I have a Knight with Island Lime. Green bottle with chrome top. I really have it just for the Island Lime inside!

Thanks for the pic! I was going to say "Wow, that must be a chess set for folks who have been drinking a lot. The long post allows them to fist-grip the piece when making a move!" 🥴

Lol. Don is easily confused. I have the full chess set and the board. I’ll have to dig it out sometime.

That's a cool bottle I've never seen before (y)
I like the Art Deco style. There was another one, but it was quite banged up.

I also found these:

I'll probably fill the Mennen bottle with Floid or Epsilon. The Helmet is full, but does not have a sticker and I'm thinking it may be Tai Winds, but I'm not sure. @Spider can you look in your book to see what was offered in this decanter?

I always like the Light Bulb for Skin Bracer but I'm partial to the Hands. Have 2 empty spares that may end up in the yard sale (haven't decided)
IMG_20190330_204407257.jpg

I like the hands too. I'll keep an eye out for them. I have some things to put in the yard sale too. Perhaps we can come to terms. I prefer to trade though, as I don't do PayPal.

I like the Art Deco style. There was another one, but it was quite banged up.

I also found these:
View attachment 1325

I'll probably fill the Mennen bottle with Floid or Epsilon. The Helmet is full, but does not have a sticker and I'm thinking it may be Tai Winds, but I'm not sure. @Spider can you look in your book to see what was offered in this decanter?

I've got a full light bulb. It's a great bottle, though it seems pretty fragile. I've only found a couple vintage aftershaves in the wild. Just picked this one up from Etsy for a very reasonable price:
z9jZIRP.jpg

Thanks Dave. Now I start to look for the brush and the right opportunity to tell my wife that I spent more money on what she calls junk.

Back