The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Avon Collection and Information Thread

Made it to a different antique mall today. This was the only Avon bottle I saw. One of the workers said they had a few more a couple days ago till someone snatched them. This is full of clint.
Also if anyone has an extra front for this guy let me know '53 Skylark

This thread inspired me to check out the local flea market in search of Avon aftershaves. Came away with a good haul.

1936 MG - Wild Country - full
Gentlemen's Regiment - Wild Country - full
On Tap - Wild Country - mostly full
Tower with thermometer - Wild Country - 1/3 full
Pipe - Tai Winds - full
Army Jeep - Spicy - full
Chieftain - Spicy - empty (the only empty one I bought)
Super Charge (battery) - Everest - mostly full

Non Avon bonus find for $5.00: early Old Spice Ship Friendship mug.

This thread inspired me to check out the local flea market in search of Avon aftershaves. Came away with a good haul.

1936 MG - Wild Country - full
Gentlemen's Regiment - Wild Country - full
On Tap - Wild Country - mostly full
Tower with thermometer - Wild Country - 1/3 full
Pipe - Tai Winds - full
Army Jeep - Spicy - full
Chieftain - Spicy - empty (the only empty one I bought)
Super Charge (battery) - Everest - mostly full

View attachment 596

Non Avon bonus find for $5.00: early Old Spice Ship Friendship mug.
View attachment 597
Quite the haul. Congrats !

Everest is one of my favorites! Nice scores.
I'm keen on the Tai Winds.

I had hopes of finding one of the razors and brushes, but no luck. There was a Bucking Bronc with Olan, but the screw top was messed up so I left it. I don't know if I'll keep all these, but I find them quite interesting.

While I am generally looking to find the aftershaves, I have a few decanters that are on my BOLO list that I will buy empty. One of them is the pictured below. I have seen it called The Spartan, The Hoplite, and The Horsemen. I have seen a number of variations online including clear glass, clouded glass, blue glass with silver... This one originally contained Tribute. Perhaps @Spider can weigh in on the variations of name, glass configuration, and AS scent options. It was $3.00 at the Goodwill.

For some strange reason, I've always liked the chess pieces... but as a mix'n'match so everything is just the brown glass and not the cheezy "chrome."

I'm undecided about the chess pieces. I don't have any on my BOLO list, but that might change if I saw one or two in person.

Back