The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Avon Collection and Information Thread

That'll take some time to dig up. It's not organized that way.

Ooh...Sorry...I'll do some looking into it. Thanks though...but now I am curious!

They tried. Last year they brought back Wild Country cologne in a boot decanter. After that they all vanished.

Well maybe if that made it in an aftershave that didn't stink so much! 🤪

I love my avon, but it's getting hard to find at a good price around here

I'm with you on this. If I can find a bottle that other than Wild Country for under a sawbuck...I scoop it up. But that's a big if. Most of the time a seller wants $15 - $20 for a bottle...and sometimes for just the bottle!

Ooh...Sorry...I'll do some looking into it. Thanks though...but now I am curious!
No, I got you..... like I said, it's just going to take me some time.

Well maybe if that made it in an aftershave that didn't stink so much!
Wild County is a less powdery version of Clubman. It's like the one constant they had. Made it the longest, and probably made more Wild Country than all other scents combined! As evident by the abundance of it out there. I literally have 2 gallons of WC at home. And It's probably my least favorite scent.

And that is why they are still sitting there.
Exactly, I do his windows and they've been there nearly a year. I said to him, I bet you haven't sold one yet and his response was, well I sold 2 around Christmas.......bet they'll be there next year too. 3 leathers, an Island Lime and the airplane with Windjammer I would get if priced better.

So we hit a honey hole after that score. I let Bill have the Blend 7 as it seemed similar to others I have but that's the case with some Avon. He got a BUNCH and will post pics himself of his. 2 I got are the Plane with Windjammer(that that guy wanted $20 for at the other place $4) the Capitol Building with Leather (comparing that to the unlabeled Capitol building I have I'm sure it's leather also) Also a Ship and Station Wagon both with Wild Country (I have enough Wild Country but thought the decanters were to nice to pass up. May do an Avon Pif eventually. Each were @ $4 a piece Full and in the boxes.

Had a great time treasure hunting with Dave today. We really hit the mother lode. Never saw so much Avon in one place. Besides what Dave got, I scored 7 full, never used decanters. 6 had boxes. Quite a few scents that I didn't have. Even had 4 or 5 bottles of women's Cologne, but wifey didn't like any of them. (Saved me a few bucks)527528529

Back