The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2nd Annual Williams Mug Soap 3017 Challenge!

@heysi

Just a heads up.

There has been anger and grumbling amongst the ranks of the International Mohawked Soapbunnies Guild for a portrayal lacking any special attempt at realism.

View attachment 77943

I apologize....the portrayal was spontaneous and abrupt. Without proper preparation, I couldn't be expected to reasonably portray @Spider with any kind of decent quality. I will attempt to keep the proper hair dyes on hand from now on. I hope the Guild will accept my humble apology.

I apologize....the portrayal was spontaneous and abrupt. Without proper preparation, I couldn't be expected to reasonably portray @Spider with any kind of decent quality. I will attempt to keep the proper hair dyes on hand from now on. I hope the Guild will accept my humble apology.
The Guild is known to be kind, compassionate, and merciful. They accept your apology without imposing penalty

The Guild is known to be kind, compassionate, and merciful. They accept your apology without imposing penalty
Thank goodness. If the penalty was a mohawk, it would have been embarrassing since the top of my head is quickly becoming devoid of hair to maintain one.

Here's a quick tutorial of my method for anyone that is still having any trouble with building a good lather from Williams. It takes me less than 4 minutes to get the kind of lather that made this stuff world renown since 1840.

Brilliant!

Mine looks about like that...but I've been mixing in other soaps during the on-going 3017. The vintage pucks last much longer than the modern pucks, by far. I'm now regretting only having two other vintage pucks.....I may need to go vintage Williams hunting.

Mine looks about like that...but I've been mixing in other soaps during the on-going 3017. The vintage pucks last much longer than the modern pucks, by far. I'm now regretting only having two other vintage pucks.....I may need to go vintage Williams hunting.
Go get you some!

@OpusX maybe this may have been a super old puck or maybe one that somehow was more compressed than any other? Though with the Williams process, I can’t imagine any variance in production quality. I’d say your superior lather skills are producing excellent results with a great soap!

Back