The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2022 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!!

A quick little tip for those participating in the challenge or those who might want to loose weight but have no idea where/how to start. It is VERY likely your health insurance has one or more "programs" available to you for free. They may have some special section on their website where you can "shop" available options or they will pay subscription costs to thing you might hear about on the radio etc. I know Blue Shield (A California company) has a pre-established relationship with weight watchers, transform and several others. I know NOOM will bill your insurance for the upgraded program (might require you to have a PPO). Most insurances also pay for or provide some form of "mental health" program. The "mental health" programs range from simple mediation apps to very interactive and/or one-one comprehensive options. In many ways these programs are little more than a way to make yourself accountable to others while providing some useful information and/or guidance.

With COVID making in person supportive services SO rare, most programs being pushed are App based. In MANY ways, the TSC Weight Loss Challenge is the same as having one of these programs installed on your phone. We do what we can (as owners of the TSC) to provide a reasonably private place to interact and for everyone to hold/be held accountable, but if you want more or would feel better being more anonymous, maybe one of the weight loss/fitness apps would benefit you.

A quick little tip for those participating in the challenge or those who might want to loose weight but have no idea where/how to start. It is VERY likely your health insurance has one or more "programs" available to you for free. They may have some special section on their website where you can "shop" available options or they will pay subscription costs to thing you might hear about on the radio etc. I know Blue Shield (A California company) has a pre-established relationship with weight watchers, transform and several others. I know NOOM will bill your insurance for the upgraded program (might require you to have a PPO). Most insurances also pay for or provide some form of "mental health" program. The "mental health" programs range from simple mediation apps to very interactive and/or one-one comprehensive options. In many ways these programs are little more than a way to make yourself accountable to others while providing some useful information and/or guidance.

With COVID making in person supportive services SO rare, most programs being pushed are App based. In MANY ways, the TSC Weight Loss Challenge is the same as having one of these programs installed on your phone. We do what we can (as owners of the TSC) to provide a reasonably private place to interact and for everyone to hold/be held accountable, but if you want more or would feel better being more anonymous, maybe one of the weight loss/fitness apps would benefit you.
Great tip Chris! My insurance does some of the same stuff. There is also a program for people who might be at risk for Type 2 Diabetes. They give you a free digital scale and some free exercise equipment as well as access to coaching. They offer discounts to a lot of fitness programs. They also offer a monthly gym membership for $21 at thousands of gym locations across the country covering hundreds of Gym business. Places like Snap Fitness, Planet Fitness, YMCA, 24 hour fitness, and a host of others. I guess what I am trying to say, is that it might be worth looking into.

Great tip Chris! My insurance does some of the same stuff. There is also a program for people who might be at risk for Type 2 Diabetes. They give you a free digital scale and some free exercise equipment as well as access to coaching. They offer discounts to a lot of fitness programs. They also offer a monthly gym membership for $21 at thousands of gym locations across the country covering hundreds of Gym business. Places like Snap Fitness, Planet Fitness, YMCA, 24 hour fitness, and a host of others. I guess what I am trying to say, is that it might be worth looking into.
Thanks for adding that bit of detail, I had forgotten about the lower cost gym membership. I don't think we have any participating gyms left in our area but the new builds being completed would be wise to find out how to participate.

Copy this list and add your name to sign up:

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher
5. Scuttlesoap
6. Milkcrate
7. global_dev
8. Mvargo
9. Uacowboy
10. DeepSea
11. Fenster
12. Shavin’ Yeti
13. CBLindsay
14. CVargo

@sunnysanity @Majorrich @Longhaultanker @Scuttlesoap ???? Care to join?
Inconceivable! I’m #5 my Mediterranean Sword Wielding Friend…..😂

1640904599331.gif

Copy this list and add your name to sign up:

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher
5. Scuttlesoap
6. Milkcrate
7. global_dev
8. Mvargo
9. Uacowboy
10. DeepSea
11. Fenster
12. Shavin’ Yeti
13. CBLindsay
14. CVargo

@sunnysanity @Majorrich @Longhaultanker @Scuttlesoap ???? Care to join?

Y…e…h, NO. I didn’t joint the “don’t buy club” either. But really, carry on.

Back