The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The ‘Jectah Rabbit Hole

I actually saw a couple more but this is the one that caught my eye. The other two were loose in a bowl win an interesting GEM and what I think was a TTO lady gillette in baby blue

Interested to hear your report on the Supply Blades!
I've shaved twice with a Supply blade. After yesterday's bloody mess I told myself I shaved too fast, the blade was sharper than the two week old Schick I'd used the day before, etc. So today I was extra careful, and the shave was still rough. Not using them anymore.

There are 19 blades left. You are welcome to them, if you'd care to try.

I've shaved twice with a Supply blade. After yesterday's bloody mess I told myself I shaved too fast, the blade was sharper than the two week old Schick I'd used the day before, etc. So today I was extra careful, and the shave was still rough. Not using them anymore.

There are 19 blades left. You are welcome to them, if you'd care to try.
Dang, sorry to hear Bruce.

Still haven’t picked up an injector yet, waiting for some discretionary funds to roll in. If you haven’t ditched them by then, I may take you up on that. Thanks for thinking of me!

Dang, sorry to hear Bruce.

Still haven’t picked up an injector yet, waiting for some discretionary funds to roll in. If you haven’t ditched them by then, I may take you up on that. Thanks for thinking of me!

I can't in good conscience recommend them. Someone here said my G type could be a little more aggressive than others. Never tried any others, so I don't know. What I do know is it gave me perfect shaves with Schick blades, so I'm going back to them. Maybe we need a Supply blade challenge, like the Assured challenge we all enjoyed. ;)

I can't in good conscience recommend them. Someone here said my G type could be a little more aggressive than others. Never tried any others, so I don't know. What I do know is it gave me perfect shaves with Schick blades, so I'm going back to them. Maybe we need a Supply blade challenge, like the Assured challenge we all enjoyed. ;)
Only used my G once with a Schick blade and got a great shave with it.

I picked up an M type adjustable one a while back and was kindly gifted some vintage Schick and some Personna blades. I like the vintage ones much much better.

The Personna (mini hair-shaper blade) is quirky. It works better in later injectors that have a tad larger blade gap. With the M Adj. dial it back to 5 or less. I only use the Personna blade in my I2 or J Model injectors for that matter.

As regards blades, I have used all the NOS blades and IMO the best was the Gillette Platinum Plus injector blade. However, the modern Schick Proline B-20 from Japan is just as good in SxS testing I have done on my face.

Supply injector lovers, I need your assistance! My WTG and XTG passes are pretty smooth, but my final ATG/XTG hybrid pass is quite harsh. Using the Supply included blades (it’s all I have right now). What am I missing?

Might my angle be off? What blades do you use? What gives you success?

Supply injector lovers, I need your assistance! My WTG and XTG passes are pretty smooth, but my final ATG/XTG hybrid pass is quite harsh. Using the Supply included blades (it’s all I have right now). What am I missing?

Might my angle be off? What blades do you use? What gives you success?

Some people simply cannot tolerate ATG shaving. Far more than you realize. I would leave well enough alone.

Some people simply cannot tolerate ATG shaving. Far more than you realize. I would leave well enough alone.
That’s certainly true enough. For myself though, I’ve never had much trouble with my modified approach, any other style razor. To get the results I am satisfied with, it’s necessary.

Back