The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The ‘Jectah Rabbit Hole

GearNoir

“The Disney Princess’s Apprentice”
So in my 4ish year journey along the traditional shaving path, I’ve enjoyed a little piece of just about everything - trying DEs (vintage, modern, 3 piece, 2 piece, TTO, adjustable, OC, and SB), SEs (vintage GEM to modern AC format), and open blades (AC format shavette to vintage and modern SRs). I have found great shaves and BBS with all of them.

Am I missing out on something if I don’t try to pick up a decent injector type SE? Is it just like the AC format but off by a few degrees? Besides DE shavettes, which I also haven’t tried, is it worth teetering on that rabbit hole as well?

Yes, it absolutely is! You can’t teally compare injectors to anything else. League of their own. They are so easy to use, it’s like cheating. And they give great comfortable shaves. A couple of my injectors are in my top 10 of all razors.

Just delved into it recently myself and I will always have 1 or 2. I like my I-2 Hydro-Magic, haven't tried my G yet. At least it's a fairly shallow and cheap hole ?

Suppose I should have expected these answers.
1f602.png

So an I or a G hm?

I have a Type M adjustable. Very smooth and intuitive razor. Definitely something no Den is complete without just find one you like and grab it up

I also like the Type E. Some say these are more aggressive, but mine is a great shaver. The Bakelite handle is cool as well.

I also like the Type I Hydro-Magic.

Everyone’s right: you have to have at least one. All are reasonably priced, so it’s easy to grab a couple!

Just delved into it recently myself and I will always have 1 or 2. I like my I-2 Hydro-Magic, haven't tried my G yet. At least it's a fairly shallow and cheap hole
1f602.png

I also love the Type I-27Hydro-Magic. I usually recommend that for anyone looking to get into injectors. It's mild and intuitive, and easier to clean/sanitize than others. Some injectors are more aggressive than others, but all are pretty easy and intuitive. The only downside is that it is usually more expensive than say an E or G, or an L.

I have a Type M adjustable. Very smooth and intuitive razor. Definitely something no Den is complete without just find one you like and grab it up

The Type M Adjustable is my favorite Schick. Even though it adjusts, it never gets crazy aggressive, and I prefer it wide open.

But by far, my favorite injectors are Pals and Personnas. The Personna Floating Head razor is my favorite of all injectors. It's in my top 5 of all razors.

Do all Schicks accept available Schick blades? Asking for a friend. Never mind, found the answer. The internet is a dangerous place.

My friend asked what injector blades you all favor. Seems like Schick has the market cornered.

I use the Personna Injector blades. I liked them better than the Chinese Schick ones.

I should probably revisit the Schick blades at some point...

My friend asked what injector blades you all favor. Seems like Schick has the market cornered.
I use Personna, Schick, & Ted Pella. In that order.

I have some vintage Personna 74s laying around and probably some other random others too.

Same can be said for Personnas. But it’s easy enough to hand load them.

I have never used the Personnas injector blades (love their hair shaper blades though) But the Schicks are good without the hassle.

If I’m going to get just one, I like the idea of the M adjustable.

As for blades, in what I read, the Chinese blades get the most consistent praise. Sounds like a winner.

Back