The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The ‘Jectah Rabbit Hole

Cadre, I am deeply ashamed. I have shamelessly deceived you all, and unfortunately, you all bought it. The "friend" for whom I asked questions was really...me. I don't know what drove me to such a nefarious scheme; perhaps my desire to be minimalist. I had avoided injectors all these years because I had no desire to go through the process of trying new blades to find my favorite, plus I'm cheap and the blades are not. Regardless of my excuse, I am quite contrite. Will you ever trust me again?

As best I can determine, it's a type G from the 1940s, though I'm not positive.

You’re among The Cadre..... There is no need to hide your intentions. You should know by now that we support any and all acquisitions!

Nice pick up! Looks to be a G5 to me. 40s-50s.

And deep down, we knew it was for you anyway. We figured you didn’t have any “friends”!
1f61c.png

Thanks you, gentlemen. My Schick blades don't say Made in China, so I guess they're not. I'll just see how far they'll go.

Thanks you, gentlemen. My Schick blades don't say Made in China, so I guess they're not. I'll just see how far they'll go.
If you just purchased them, pretty sure they are made in China. I think that is the only place Schick's are still made.

After decades of using DEs and years of using straights, I picked up an Injector near the end of 2014 for the first time. 2015/16/17 saw my injector usage at about 1/3 or just a bit more as I made a conscious effort to also use my straights, DEs, and yes, even my carts. At the end of 2017, I decided to use an injector for the entire year, and did so without even one yearning for a day with another of my razor types.

Yup, I'm firmly in the Injector camp (love my I2) and no longer even own a DE at all.

Ok, so out of the adjustables...PAL or Schick? I like the looks of the PAL, but hear more consistent positive reviews on the construction quality of the Schick.

Back