The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The ‘Jectah Rabbit Hole

Ok, so out of the adjustables...PAL or Schick? I like the looks of the PAL, but hear more consistent positive reviews on the construction quality of the Schick.
The PAL is sweet looking but the shave is a bit persnickety. The Schick is a much better shaver.

I’ve had a few PAL adjustables and found them to be variable in the comfort of their shave. I found one that shaved great a sold the rest. A Schlick adjustable is a guaranteed great shave. There is no challenge or learning curve with a Schick, like there is with most newly acquired DE razors. You just get a perfect shave every time. I Also use the Chinese injector blades and love them.

Anyone tried the multi-plate Supply? 100 day risk free trial...hmm...
Yup, the Supply is a well built piece of equipment that is very smooth. That's the second thing you notice; the first is that it is HEAVY! But don't worry, you will quickly adjust to that aspect without even noticing it in a few days.

Shavewise, I needed to use the 3-dot plate; the 2-dot was nice but not quite there, while the one-dot was just a waste of lather as I could shave again right away. LOL

Anyone tried the multi-plate Supply? 100 day risk free trial...hmm...

I received one last week that I bought from Maggard’s. I have used it twice. I love the aesthetics, but am getting some irritation on my neck. I will continue to use it and refine my technique. I will also seek out different blades as I only have the blades in hat came with the package. My understanding is that they are Personnas.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I have many things to consider I guess, because I only want one injector (for now). :unsure:

What are you talking about? Some subscription service?

No, Supply the razor company. They make a full stainless, modern injector with 3 plate options.

Yup, the Supply is a well built piece of equipment that is very smooth. That's the second thing you notice; the first is that it is HEAVY! But don't worry, you will quickly adjust to that aspect without even noticing it in a few days.

Shavewise, I needed to use the 3-dot plate; the 2-dot was nice but not quite there, while the one-dot was just a waste of lather as I could shave again right away. LOL

I love a hefty razor, so this is good! I was reading a lot about the plates. It’s the one thing that worries me the most. Seems some get a great result from the Classic 2 dot plate, but some can’t. I generally get a good result with anything I use. One user likened plate 2 to more blade feel and efficiency than an EJ89, which would be a good spot. What would you compare plates 2 and 3 to Sam?

One user likened plate 2 to more blade feel and efficiency than an EJ89
That sounds about ballpark. The 2-dot plate comes standard; I would pick up the 3-dot plate if you have the option, and if you have to buy the 1-dot + 3-dot combo to get it, do so.

I'm dipping my toe into the injector waters too. For some reason I find them fascinating. I've been a DE man since I started this adventure in early 2012 and will never give that up, but something new is always fun.

I'm dipping my toe into the injector waters too. For some reason I find them fascinating. I've been a DE man since I started this adventure in early 2012 and will never give that up, but something new is always fun.
Yes! This is one of the few areas I haven’t toed with in this journey.

Funny, I always thought it was 3 words ;)
Seems round these parts, everyone says/spells it differently.... I’m a bit lost on it. But doesn’t matter....... you don’t spell it, you shave with it!

Haven't stopped using the G since I bought it. Love it! Got two weeks out of the second Schick blade. Bought some Supply blades, will try one tomorrow.

Back