The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The ‘Jectah Rabbit Hole

Chris, I'm new to the Supply Razor too. The angle seems quite intuitive, so I'm guessing you will have that down after 2 or 3 shaves. Perhaps it is the blade. I have only used the blades that came with the razor and all is good except for my lower neck where I get light razor burn every time despit my focus on angle and lack of pressure. At some point I will get some different blades and give you my experience.

The blades that come with a Supply Injector are Personna/Pellas. Some find that they prefer Schick blades instead.

Chris, I'm new to the Supply Razor too. The angle seems quite intuitive, so I'm guessing you will have that down after 2 or 3 shaves. Perhaps it is the blade. I have only used the blades that came with the razor and all is good except for my lower neck where I get light razor burn every time despit my focus on angle and lack of pressure. At some point I will get some different blades and give you my experience.
I’m on my 4th shave in a row now. Like I said, the first two passes are just about butter, just the last one I must be a bit off on something. You do all 3 passes too?

I’m on my 4th shave in a row now. Like I said, the first two passes are just about butter, just the last one I must be a bit off on something. You do all 3 passes too?
I do wtg and atg with touch ups on problem areas. I'm going to keep at it though to see if it is some part of my technique I am not yet conscious of. At any rate, it is a cool looking razor and if I do only one pass on my neck it gives decent shaves. Decent enough to keep it.

@GearNoir perhaps the angle isn't right? While I love my injectors they do require a different angle. Perhaps when you do that pass you are inadvertently going to muscle memory and the angle is off.

@GearNoir perhaps the angle isn't right? While I love my injectors they do require a different angle. Perhaps when you do that pass you are inadvertently going to muscle memory and the angle is off.
Very possible. Going to try and be more mindful of it today, see how it goes.

Today, I broke out the first injector I ever bought years ago, a Schick G Model that I had loaded with a "Chick" blade used once months ago. This lil' puppy never fails to amaze me as the shave was impeccable scything through two days growth like nothing!! Soap used was the last of my sample of WK Man From Mayfair donkey milk/tallow. The injector razor is really a better "mousetrap" than DE razors as it shaves so smoothly due to great blade rigidity and it's intuitive to use. You merely lay the head flat against the skin and shave. If I didn't appreciate variety so much I'd sell all my DE razors. :whistle:

Huzzah! Whatever razor I’m using, I keep a ‘jectah nearby (among others) as a relief pitcher if things go awry.

I used my mint condition Schick J Model today with Haslinger tallow Sandalwood soap (just a tad left) with what I think is also a "Chick" blade and got just as good a shave as yesterday with the G Model, although I like the G Model ergos better. I may break out the old M Model adj. to use now. These are really the "answer" for those seeking an idiotproof shave IMO. It's a shame more people don't see that these do the same thing as an AC blade razor, but as the blade is narrower they are far more maneuverable and a Helluva lot cheaper. Oh well, it keeps the vintage prices down. :whistle: :)

I used my mint condition Schick J Model today with Haslinger tallow Sandalwood soap (just a tad left) with what I think is also a "Chick" blade and got just as good a shave as yesterday with the G Model, although I like the G Model ergos better. I may break out the old M Model adj. to use now. These are really the "answer" for those seeking an idiotproof shave IMO. It's a shame more people don't see that these do the same thing as an AC blade razor, but as the blade is narrower they are far more maneuverable and a Helluva lot cheaper. Oh well, it keeps the vintage prices down. :whistle::)
that is the exact reason i was not sold on the vector. My Schick J2 just moves around my face better and gives an equally great shave. speaking of my J2 i need to go post my SOTD. Almost forgot about that!

Back