The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sumo January 2023 Basho Discussion and Contest

Even in loosing today, Takayasu looked much more on form.
Sad about Tochinochin, though it was pretty obviously serious the way he was holding his arm/shoulder yesterday.

Oh no Takayasu!

Hope he didn't make it worse yesterday, and it's just giving the neck a chance to heal. Sumo really needs to update their injury care protocols to the 21st century. I love the tradition of it all, but we know a lot more about how to care for people now than we did in the Edo period.

Takayasu! There goes any chance of coming back for my picks. Hopefully he can come back.

Day 6

1673630669062.png

Day 7
1673749677065.png

Did you all hear the crowd cheering during Takakeishō's match? Sounded great!

Day 8:
1673832385794.png

Tobizaru wins with a leg sweep, push down. I'm always impressed with his resume of tactics used.

After Day 9

1673888172340.png

Looks like Chad and Matt have the best chance at the bonus points.

I don't follow Juryo so it was almost a blind guess for me. Looking at Asanoyama's record, I'm curious as to why you guys picked him? Granted he seems to be rising in the ranks quickly, but this is his first time in Juryo. How do you know he'd do so well? He's currently 9-0.

don't follow Juryo so it was almost a blind guess for me. Looking at Asanoyama's record, I'm curious as to why you guys picked him? Granted he seems to be rising in the ranks quickly, but this is his first time in Juryo. How do you know he'd do so well? He's currently 9-0.
He used to be an Ozeki. And got in trouble

Back