The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sumo January 2023 Basho Discussion and Contest

Final results. Chad and Matt got the bonus points for picking Asanoyama to win Juryo.

1674480626316.png

Congrats Chad!

I was about to come in and post this morning! Thanks KJ.

So now til March we have opportunity to decide how we liked the contest? Any suggestions? I felt the Juryo winner was a decent way to use as a tie breaker. And it appears it was definitely needed? Is 5 points too much? Thoughts?

Also as the winner I guess I get a new Sumo custom title... any ideas? Or just let @BarberDave run wild 😱😨

Good points. The Juryo pick as it was for this basho essentially broke the tie between Gerry and I, but it also spring-boarded Matt into second place.

Another option could be pick a Juryo wrestler and you add their wins to your total. Essentially another pick. That way it's not all or nothing.

Another option could be pick a Juryo wrestler and you add their wins to your total. Essentially another pick.
Or maybe 2 picks..... in case we ALL pick asanoyama next time, lol.

We can switch up the bonus every time too. Jason's channel had a completely different contest this time.

Ugh! NHK is making it difficult! They need to help us English followers
Seriously this! I don't want to watch NHK a day later when the spoilers of every match are out there. I want to see the matches first thing in the morning. I don't even care if its in Japanese...

Back