The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Straight razor shaving with Longhaultanker

Hello Longhaultanker, I have another local shaving friend who drives fuel tankers, but all short haul. What are you typically hauling?

There you are Vic!
Talking smack about me again. LOL.

Hey there Driver (longhailtanker). Good to see another hazmat driver.
The name here is Jerry. Been hauling fuel for many years, Sniffing Gas for many a year and my mind is still as sharp as a bag of hammers? Or how does that saying go?

Anyway, stay safe my friend. I'm known as Mr. Wicked on #19 and K1ING on the Big Radio. Keep the shiny side up and the sparks behind ya!

There you are Vic!
Talking smack about me again. LOL.

Hey there Driver (longhailtanker). Good to see another hazmat driver.
The name here is Jerry. Been hauling fuel for many years, Sniffing Gas for many a year and my mind is still as sharp as a bag of hammers? Or how does that saying go?

Anyway, stay safe my friend. I'm known as Mr. Wicked on #19 and K1ING on the Big Radio. Keep the shiny side up and the sparks behind ya!
Maybe we should start a haulers club or journal. What of your experiences sr shaving on the road? If we pursue this another thread might be in order.

656 miles today from Houston to Birmingham. Uneventful day, which means a good day of driving.

Headed to the shower shortly. Currently #4 of 11 waiting for an open shower.

Can you say Sub Cero?
Another day under the Thunderdome lights almost done!

Stopped for the night at Max Meadows, VA. 480 miles for the day. This puts me 7 hours to delivery in Allentown, PA, which scheduled for Sunday at 08:30. So I’ve got plenty of time.

Going to postpone tonight’s shave till about 14:00 (that’s 2:00 pm to you four-wheelers) tomorrow in Hamburg, PA. Reason is I’ll be parking tomorrow night on the customer’s site. No facilities. I can still go to bed with a smooth shave.

Here are my postings for today. I’ve got a face shave, followed by a head shave. Filarmonica 13 Novodur, Stirling Soap Dunshire, Savile Row 28mm brush. Everything went smoothly except my load today.

At 5:30 pm I am now hooked to my trailer and ready to roll. But I’m not ready. A certain tiredness sets in after sitting idle all day. I’ll get up and roll about 05:00 and likely stop somewhere in Alabama around Birmingham. So much for on time delivery.

Great couple of shaves.

I hope you don’t mind me saying that I think you make very good use of skin stretching techniques.

Not too many folks do head shaves on video. Thanks for sharing that.

Stopped for the night at Max Meadows, VA. 480 miles for the day. This puts me 7 hours to delivery in Allentown, PA, which scheduled for Sunday at 08:30. So I’ve got plenty of time.

Going to postpone tonight’s shave till about 14:00 (that’s 2:00 pm to you four-wheelers) tomorrow in Hamburg, PA. Reason is I’ll be parking tomorrow night on the customer’s site. No facilities. I can still go to bed with a smooth shave.
Not just hauling freight…hauling ass too! 😎👍

Rest well!

Great couple of shaves.

I hope you don’t mind me saying that I think you make very good use of skin stretching techniques.

Not too many folks do head shaves on video. Thanks for sharing that.
Thanks. All I have done is watch others and imitate. Six years ago it was Lynn Abrams. More recently Matti Lindholm from Sweden and Ntinos Stamatiadi. These guy have great videos. Not to mention I have old man turtle neck. I gotta stretch.

Not just hauling freight…hauling ass too! 😎👍

Rest well!
Thanks. Today was an easy day. Tomorrow too. For trip planning calculate 500 miles a day. 1500 miles = 3 days. At 65mph I can conceivably go 715 miles in 11 hours driving under perfect condition. I’ve done close to that many times. The truck stops have to in the right places, traffic conditions have to be perfect, no delays. Generally I calculate 600 miles a day.

Just shy of a 400 mile day, I safely tucked in at the truck stop in Hamburg, PA. I’m 30 minutes from delivery in Allentown. I had a good 48 hours growth of whiskers begging to get wacked by my Filarmonica next in rotation. Mission accomplished. Once back in the truck I finished off with a splash of Lilac Vegetal by Pinaud. Dinner finished, settle into the bunk for movie on Netflix. Enjoy tonight’s offering.

Pulled up at Max Meadows, VA tonight. Made about 450 miles after delivery. I’ve got a little better than 24 hours whiskers, so I decided to wait till tomorrow for 48+ hours for next shave. It just easier on the face.

Regarding soaps, Bill, I carry 2 soaps per outing. My primary which I showcase and a back up. C.O. Bigelow Green tube soap I use only very occasionally. I used it so much early on I grew tired of it. I will use it tomorrow night primarily because it’s a good match for the Vulfix brush I’m carrying this week. I still have 5-6 tubes of the green in the closet at home. But it’s easy to carry in my travel kit, and is a fine soap.

From Max Meadows, VA to Lake, MS is about 655 miles. That was my work day today. I was ready for a hot shower and shave, with over 50 hours of whisker growth, at day’s end. I’ve been waiting for this video to upload so I could post it and get my head onto the pillow. Long day. Thanks to all for the positive support. Home tomorrow. Enjoy…

Back