The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Straight razor shaving with Longhaultanker

Longhaultanker

Sr. Shave Member
This seem like a good place to open this thread. I plan to post regular pictures and comments here on my straight razor shaving and related thoughts. As I said in my new member introduction I’m an OTR truck driver who loves straight razor shaving and honing, hence Longhaultanker. A picture of my current ride appears below.

I’m in the process of uploading my new video on YouTube now. It’s a little tour of the inside of my sleeper cab and my shave bag, and related comments. Cheers.

Attachments

• E4E3B9FA-FCA6-4007-8BA4-E7C9673B9B74.jpeg
    E4E3B9FA-FCA6-4007-8BA4-E7C9673B9B74.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for starting a journal. I think that is where most of us get to know each other a good deal better than we could with simple shaving posts. (y)

Are you an owner-operator or company driver? I used to work as an accountant in the trucking division of our company (warehousing and trucking) before I retired and got to know quite a few of the guys'n'gals that drove our rigs pretty well.... especially when it came to payroll inqueries. :eek: Has everything gone electronic for trip sheets yet or is it still paper-based for you?

Thanks for starting a journal. I think that is where most of us get to know each other a good deal better than we could with simple shaving posts. (y)

Are you an owner-operator or company driver? I used to work as an accountant in the trucking division of our company (warehousing and trucking) before I retired and got to know quite a few of the guys'n'gals that drove our rigs pretty well.... especially when it came to payroll inqueries. :eek: Has everything gone electronic for trip sheets yet or is it still paper-based for you?
It’s late. Up early. I’m company driver, 10 years. ELDs for logs. Everything else paper.

Watched some of each of the last two videos, and I think you'll find plenty of love for Gold Dollars around here. Also the C.O Bigelow is great cream (I have too many probably stocked back from over the years). Great travel setup for sure.

I got delivered this morning at Wilmerding, PA. Taking the mandatory 30 minute break at Jeffersonville, OH. Just part of the job and DOT Hours of Service. Anticipating spending night at Elizabethtown, KY, again.

Ready for a shave! Got about 48 hours growth and feeling prickly.

I am SPARTACUS! Well, you’ll see.

There is also a whole section where members post their videos or link them. Check out Member Shave Videos , it works like the Journal section, each member starts their own thread and posts/links their vids in that thread and the rest of us comment, harass, mock, or cheer their efforts. ;)

Let me ask, can I post a link to my YouTube here?
As I understood TOU:

Post vid link as specified to vid section

Make sure you mention TSC in your vid.

Links to your post in vid section can be made elsewhere, i.e. your journal.

A careful review of the published TOU is advised.

Enjoyed the video. You forgot to mention that the cadre also has the most handsome membership of any forum!

Smart to have your AS right there in arms reach so you're smelling sweet for the weight station lady!
@Majorrich did you see he has indicators for his air chambers? That might give your wife a little warning when she needs to clear out.

Help me to understand something. Serious question. This forum section is for shaving journal. There’s another section for videos.

Should I post pictures and comments here and videos elsewhere? And, should I post everything for every day in the one thread or start new threads?

My preference would be to post everything here in this single thread. Make it a sort of daily travel log.

Back