The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Straight razor shaving with Longhaultanker

You're the boss. Daily posts for your own stuff usually just get added to your one long journal thread. Some folks post their videos in their journal AND the video forum. Some just the video forum. There are no rules, but the video area was meant for people that don't read everyone's journal but would like to know when there is new media to see.

You'll also find there are threads for SOTD photos, threads to post what razor you used, what AS you used, etc. Some people post in all every day, some never. Whatever blows your skirt up!

This seem like a good place to open this thread. I plan to post regular pictures and comments here on my straight razor shaving and related thoughts. As I said in my new member introduction I’m an OTR truck driver who loves straight razor shaving and honing, hence Longhaultanker. A picture of my current ride appears below.

I’m in the process of uploading my new video on YouTube now. It’s a little tour of the inside of my sleeper cab and my shave bag, and related comments. Cheers.
Welcome!

I thoroughly enjoyed the video. My work commute for >30 years was a 80 to 100 miles a day on the interstate. I worked in a chemical plant where we relied on trucks, railcars, barges, and other kinds of shipping containers to keep everything moving. It was interesting to hear your perspective and to finally see the inside of one of these big rigs. The tour of your first-class shave den was a bonus. Appreciate you taking the time to make the video. Thanks again.

I would be more comfortable hauling inflammables rather than flammables. ;)
3SLgr6POGcEkU5pZ0zLzoBptGcI=.gif

I figured it was most likely chemical rather than fuel. I don't know, but I would assume that most fuel hauling is local distribution.

Now that's a shaving video! Welcome to the Journals! And many thanks for what you do. Truckers are the veins of our country and very under-appreciated. Stay safe and try to be healthy! That kind of living is hard on the body!

I’ve watched a couple of your videos. Nice job! Just a heads up. We do have a separate forum just for posting our shave videos…. I went to look for yours there and didn’t see them. Consider starting your own thread there!

I was wondering where your videos were. We do have a separate forum just for posting our videos in if you’d like to keep them together with the rest of ours. Might be easier for others to find them later.

Back