The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Straight Faced Honing and Restoration

Hi Friends,

Many of you already know me well, but for those who don't here's a little bit of info about me. I'm a razor collector who specializes in straight razor restoration and have experience in restoring brushes and finding hard to find items. I really enjoy taking a ratty old razor which is covered in rust and turning it into something beautiful. I like the challenge of building and shaping new scales and working out how to care for these vintage beauties.

Honing is a ton of fun for me! Some razors are a real challenge while others are an absolute breeze! I hone on Jasper, Escher Thuringian, Arkansas, Coticule, Synthetics, Jnats(still learning) and more. I personally prefer to use natural stones for finishing and synthetics for bevel set only. I enjoy my zen time with the hones and like being challenged.

Now that I finally have a nice sized workshop and more free time I look forward to pushing out more projects than ever.

Contact me at mluecke23@gmail.com or send me a PM.

Here are a few of my recent projects and I look forward to providing more soon.
View attachment 90892
View attachment 90893

View attachment 90894

View attachment 90896

View attachment 90897

Thanks,

Matt Luecke
Nice to meet you brother! The names Michael Rosenthal but a lot of ppl just call me Mike Rose 🌹 for short.

Hi Friends,

Many of you already know me well, but for those who don't here's a little bit of info about me. I'm a razor collector who specializes in straight razor restoration and have experience in restoring brushes and finding hard to find items. I really enjoy taking a ratty old razor which is covered in rust and turning it into something beautiful. I like the challenge of building and shaping new scales and working out how to care for these vintage beauties.

Honing is a ton of fun for me! Some razors are a real challenge while others are an absolute breeze! I hone on Jasper, Escher Thuringian, Arkansas, Coticule, Synthetics, Jnats(still learning) and more. I personally prefer to use natural stones for finishing and synthetics for bevel set only. I enjoy my zen time with the hones and like being challenged.

Now that I finally have a nice sized workshop and more free time I look forward to pushing out more projects than ever.

Contact me at mluecke23@gmail.com or send me a PM.

Here are a few of my recent projects and I look forward to providing more soon.
View attachment 90892
View attachment 90893

View attachment 90894

View attachment 90896

View attachment 90897

Thanks,

Matt Luecke
What are the odds?! I was literally just looking and interested in the RED IMP 😈 RAZORS! I will say, it’s the little logo and name that reeled me in! 😇

I have 2 in my eBay watch list

I also have a 🦆 🦆 Special No.1. As of right now it is the smoothest razor I currently own. The edge I put on it’s out of this world!!!!

E68D2074-6952-4E62-AC12-35265D1DF645.jpeg

Amen! THIS IS A TREMENDOUS RAZOR!
View attachment 92130
I have to ask. Being as though I’ve only been in the game for a little over a year. I keep seeing that dark stuff on the tang of some razors. Same exact thing with the tang of the RED IMP I’m watching on eBay. I was talking to Glen on SRP and he said it’s blue something, the same stuff they put on guns?

I have to ask. Being as though I’ve only been in the game for a little over a year. I keep seeing that dark stuff on the tang of some razors. Same exact thing with the tang of the RED IMP I’m watching on eBay. I was talking to Glen on SRP and he said it’s blue something, the same stuff they put on guns?
Yes, it is gun blue. It's super easy to do yourself!

I personally would prefer it to be spotless, but I do like the Razors that have a painted tang. I think they look unique
Testors Model Paint! They usually have a paint which you can use to match the original tang paint. Sometimes you have to mix a couple colors together to get it just right, but its a good long lasting enamel.

Back