The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stirred UP

Guys that don't put the toilet seat back down in a unisex public bathroom. Come on man! Nobody else wants to touch it! You put it up, you put it down. Didn't your mother teach you that???
How do you know it’s the guys? Maybe it’s the ladies :oops:

That there's about a 3min window with coffee where it's not too hot, but it's still hot enjoy to feel good on the throat.

When you have a little bump inside your lip that you absently mess with between your teeth until it's a bigger and sore bump and then you can't keep from messing with it because now you feel it all the time and it just gets bigger and more sore.

Dr office forcing you to go to appointments every 3-6 months for prescription updates and refills
I think a lot of that is the insurance companies "knowing" more than your physician that has actually seen you. Also the government sticks their noses in on some of that as well. One of the new ones the boss is on has 0 refills due to federal law written right on the label. So that one is a trip back every month.

I'll tell you what gets me stirred up. Rude, stupid people. But that's for another thread altogether.

If this kind of stuff has already been mentioned, my deepest apologies. What irks me is when people who should know better mispronounce certain words. Those words that are infuriatingly commonly mispronounced are:

Axe instead of Ask, as in "Can I axe you a question?"
Nucular instead of Nuclear, as in "We don't want to go to thermonucular war."
Supposably instead of Supposedly, as in "Supposably she carried that baby around for 12 months before she realized she was pregnant."
Expresso instead of Espresso, as in "Can I get me some milk in my Expresso?"
Pitcher instead of Picture, as in "God dammit, take my pitcher already."
Liberry instead of Library, as in "I took this book out of the Liberry back in 1976 and now I owe $3,000 in late fees."

There may be some others, but these are more common so they bother me more.

Back