The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stirred UP

When you’ve been walking around for hours, interacting with people, then you catch yourself in a mirror and see you have a booger, food crumbs, or something else clearly visible that no one wanted to say anything about...

When you’ve been walking around for hours, interacting with people, then you catch yourself in a mirror and see you have a booger, food crumbs, or something else clearly visible that no one wanted to say anything about...
Was it all the above?

I'm with ya. Our Walmart thinks they are Costco now. They check your receipt and go through all your bags before you leave. We now shop at the local grocery store. Our overall grocery bill is maybe 10% higher. It's worth it

I've boycotted Walmart since back in my college days, so that's good to hear there peanut butter boy. :D

IF...and that is a big if...I shop at Walmart...I do the order ahead and pick up later service they have now. But even they screw that up. They usually are out (more likely didn't look for it) of an item or four or five and sometimes substitute it for items that are not even close! I won't buy produce from them unless it's a bag salad or something like it. I am not a fan of their meat quality, so it's kind of limited there too. I just despise them altogether. But they do employ a lot of people in our area. I think I read somewhere that each SuperStore (depending on the area obviously) employs 300 to 400 people. Just in the little "suburb" I live in there are three Walmart Superstores, two Neighborhood Markets, and a Sam's Club...all in a 15 mile radius. Baton Rouge has a ton more! I really do dislike the going to and shopping at a Walmart and I think you have some of the worst customer service ever. But the Company as a whole, really does a lot...even if it is profit driven and self serving!

I'm not keen on the idea of doing the store employees' work but I'll gladly trade my labor of scanning and bagging my stuff for the saved time of not going through the regular checkout lanes with cashiers. And my kids like to scan stuff.

If they employ 300-400 people at each store, then why can't they keep the damn registers open? Home Depot close to here has switched to that also. Being such a small area walmart has closed up most other things around here, so I'm very limited on options. I shop there a lot more than I would like to, but out of necessity. They do provide a lot of jobs for the area, but they don't pay me so I shouldn't have to work when I go there.

Well, as promised in my other thread, here's my complaint about my health insurance company.

As I was recovering from surgery a month ago, I wasn't too stressed about money because I knew that there was a cap of how much I could spend on health care for the year. A representative of my health insurer called me to see how I was doing. During the call she reminded me that I would only have to pay the individual maximum, which is half as much as the family maximum, what I was expecting to pay. What wonderful news! My bill would be half of what I thought it would be.

Then a few days ago I logged on to my account and it showed that I have paid my family maximum for the year. I contacted them today and learned that there is no individual maximum on my policy.

So I'm just frustrated that the first person who contacted me gave me incorrect information.

Oh well, at least I only have to pay about 10% of the total bill and all my doctor visits and prescriptions for the rest of the year are paid for.

Guys that don't put the toilet seat back down in a unisex public bathroom. Come on man! Nobody else wants to touch it! You put it up, you put it down. Didn't your mother teach you that???

Back